- All Upward Bound services are provided FREE of charge to eligible participants.
- During the academic year, students receive stipends of up to $20 per month for completing program activities. Students participating in the summer program receive $15 per week.
- All Upward Bound pre-approved program expenses (classes, housing, meals, and field trips) are paid for by the program.
- All students must work hard in school to attain a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) in all of their academic courses and incrementally increase their yearly cumulative GPA by 0.05 or higher.
- Students must pursue a rigorous course curriculum, as described in the Washington State College Academic Distribution Requirements (CADRs).
- Students must request tutoring from UB staff if obtaining a C or less in any class.
- Students must attend all academic activities as required.
- Seniors must apply for admission to three colleges or universities.
- Students need to complete required standardized testing.
- Study skills development
- Tutorial assistance
- Career exploration
- Assistance in choosing a college
- Tours of college and university campuses and visits to college fairs
- College application and financial aid application assistance
- SAT, ACT, and/or college application fee waivers
- Standardized test preparations for the SAT and ACT
- Social, cultural, and recreational opportunities
- Summer classes in composition and literature, math, computers, science, and foreign languages
- Financial aid and scholarship search assistance
- Financial literacy
- Stipends (up to $30/month for completion of program requirements)