Students may be eligible to participate in the Upward Bound program if:
- They are a student at Columbia, Inchelium, Mary Walker, or Wellpinit High School, are entering grades 9 through 12, and are between the ages of 13 and 19.
- Their parents did not graduate from a four-year college or university.
- They are classified as low-income based on standards provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
- They have an interest in pursuing a bachelor's degree at a four-year college or university following graduation.
- They are willing to apply to three colleges or universities by November 21 of their senior year
- They demonstrate an interest in registering for and taking a standardized test, such as the SAT, and/or ACT.
- They maintain an open mind toward new cultural, social, educational, and recreational experiences.
- They are willing to pursue a rigorous course curriculum and attend all Upward Bound individual and group meetings.