Commute trip reduction
- This state-sponsored program is designed to reduce the number of single occupancy vehicles on the road, in an effort to cut air pollution, traffic, and wear on the roads.
- EWU and WSU faculty and staff who register as CTR participants may receive a reduction in their parking pass. On the Riverpoint Campus, the CTR program includes a guaranteed ride home in the case of emergencies.
- The CTR committee tries to reward the great participants of the CTR program by holding a monthly drawing. We enter countywide events to give you an opportunity for prizes like DVD players and hotel stays.
- Go Green CTR newsletter
Spokane Transit Authority
- Current bus schedules and STA information are available in each of the classroom buildings and by the Parking Office (South Campus Facilities, room 314, behind the Bookie). For more information, visit our office or call 509.368.6999.
- EWU students and staff can ride the bus for free; just show the bus driver your current, valid EWU card.
- Reduced bus passes for WSU staff/faculty are available at the Parking Office.
- WSU students can now get reduced bus passes, thanks to your ASWSUS representatives.
- The Parking Office collects names and locations of people interested in car- and vanpools. Check with us (509.368.6999) about carpooling.
- You can also find a carpooling partner for a single trip or many on our private social network for ridesharing, Zimride (see below).
Zimride Rideshare Network
- Zimride is a fun and easy way to share the seats in your car or catch a ride. With Zimride, you can find WSU friends, classmates, and coworkers going the same way you are.
- WSU Zimride helps you offer or request rides for commutes, road trips, and popular events. If you have a car, split costs by offering rides. If you don't have a car, find rides where you need to go.
- WSU Zimride requires a wsu.edu email address. You can also sign in using your Facebook account if you are part of the WSU network.
- Connect with WSU Zimride.
Bicycling and walking
- The Riverpoint Campus enjoys a wonderful location along the Centennial Trail, which starts at Riverside State Park and continues on to Post Falls. This trail is great for bicycling, walking, or in-line skating. So enjoy the trail even on the weekends with a parking pass, or use the meters in the green parking lots.
- Bike racks: north east of the Academic Center; inside Phase I, Academic Center, and Health Sciences building (look in loading docks).
PO Box 1495
Spokane, WA 99210-1495
412 E Spokane Falls Blvd
Spokane, WA 99202
412 E Spokane Falls Blvd,
South Campus Facility, Rm 314
(west side), behind the Bookie
Mon–Thurs: 7:30 am–6:30 pm
Fri: 8:00 am–5:00 pm