why wwami spokane?
spokane: medical hub of the
- Spokane's four hospitals, supportive clinical base, and five residency programs make it ideal for medical training.
- Our campus boasts a biomedical research presence that includes world-class research in sleep and neuroscience, chromosome biology, and substance abuse.
- During your first year, you'll partner with a local physician—a "preceptor"—for four hours a week learning clinical skills and observing the practice of medicine in the community.
- Spokane's large medical community means you'll choose from a body of more than 60 preceptors in a variety of specialties.
- This one-on-one work will put you ahead of the curve.
- The following summer offers additional opportunities to gain practical experience, reach out to communities, and conduct research.
- A mentoring program allows students to connect with physicians who share similar interests
spokane: “near nature, near perfect”
Spokane boasts both a vibrant downtown and access to the outdoors:
- Centennial Trail and Spokane River border campus
- Five major ski resorts near Spokane
- Students participated in Spokane's annual Bloomsday Race as well as the 3-day Hoopfest 3-on-3 basketball tournament