WELCOME HPA ALUMNI!
Our HPA alumni have been successful in a wide range of career fields, including hospital management, public health, managed care, group practice management and financial management.
Have a job announcement to share with our students and alumni? Please contact the HPA office at email@example.com or 509-358-7980.
Looking for a new position? Check out our listing of job opportunities!
Want to receive our career announcements and post-graduate opportunities via email? If you are interested in being added to this list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with our students!
Our Facebook page is meant to be an online community for HPA alumni and current students to share information with each other and interested faculty and staff from the department. That’s why we created it! Join our Facebook community and network with this unique and important group!
You can also follow us on Twitter!
Share your successes!
We are always interested in letting others know about the successes of our alumni! Please let us know if you change careers: email@example.com
Positions recently and/or currently held by program graduates:
- Bioterrorism Coordinator, Apache County Health District, Springerville, Ariz.
- National Administrative Director, VA Medical Center, San Francisco, Calif.
- Chief Financial Officer, Dayton General Hospital, Dayton, Wash.
- Senior Legislative Policy Analyst, Premera Blue Cross, Lakewood, Wash.
- Medical Director, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, Wash.
- Nurse Manager, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center, Spokane, Wash.
- Quality Assurance Director, Inland Imaging, LLC, Spokane, Wash.
Our graduates not only serve as CFOs, health executives and health policy analysts, they also have been admitted to such programs as:
- Health Services Administration Ph.D.: the Universities of Alabama Birmingham, California Berkeley, and Minnesota.
- Pharmacy Ph.D.: the Universities of Michigan and North Carolina
- Public Health Ph.D.: Yale University
- Medical School: University of Washington
- Law School: Saint Louis University
OPTIONS FOR GIVING
Donate online to the HPA Development Fund by selecting Department of Health Policy and Administration from the drop-down menu at the Foundation website.
Or, tax-deductible donations (WSU Account # 17A-2947-3617) may also be sent by mail to:
Washington State University Foundation
Town Center Building, 3rd Floor
PO Box 641925
Pullman, WA 99164-1925
If you would like assistance with the gift-giving process or are interested in setting up an endowment, payroll deduction, gift of stock, etc., please see Ways to Give for more information.
Your gift makes a difference
Even a small gift to the department of Health Policy & Administration can have a very large impact. You can:
- Invest in students’ futures. Help meet their financial needs as they pursue a graduate education in Health Policy and Administration. Fund a scholarship, graduate fellowship, or travel expenses to an important conference, such as the ACHE Congress on Healthcare Leadership.
- Create a platform for the exchange of critical information. Sponsor a keynote speaker or an annual lecture series about the trends and directions in the industry, including economic forecasts and outlooks.
- Contribute to world-class research and teaching. Aid us in the retention and recruitment of outstanding faculty.
- Extend the geographic reach of the Program. Help us reach out to alumni and others who would benefit from the knowledge and expertise of HPA’s world-class faculty through the HPA Seminar Series.
If you are interested in contributing to a specific item, please contact Elaine Vincent via phone at 509-335-8352, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can ensure your donation is allocated as such.
Joseph S. Coyne, MPH, Dr.P.H., HPA Advisory Board Chair
Professor, Department of Health Policy and Administration
Director, Center for International Health
Services Research and Policy
Washington State University, Spokane, WA
Dennis Barts, FACHE
Chief Executive Officer
Valley Hospital and Medical Center, Spokane, WA
Sean Douglas, CPA MHPA
Chief Financial Officer
Providence Medical Group, Spokane, WA
John Driscoll, MHA
Driscoll and Associates, Spokane, WA
Gerard Fischer, MSPH, FACHE
Providence Health & Services, Spokane, WA
Amy Johnson, JD, MHPA
AJ Consulting, Spokane, WA
Nick Leute, MHPA
Performance Improvement Coordinator
Shriners Hospital for Children, Spokane, WA
Consultant, Spokane, WA
Laird Rasmussen, MHPA
Public Policy and Development Coordinator
CHAS, Spokane, WA
Russ Shear, MHPA
Director, Quality/Performance Improvement
Sacred Heart Medical Center, Spokane, WA
Dan Simonson, CRNA, MHPA
Managing Partner & Chief Anesthetist
Spokane Eye Surgery Center, Spokane, WA
Torney Smith, MS
Spokane Regional Health District, Spokane, WA
Jim Webster, MS, MBA
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists, Spokane, WA
President & CEO
Greater Spokane Incorporated, Spokane, WA