The Riverpoint Campus has 24-hour security. Security personnel make periodic patrols of the buildings and parking lots. Three of the security officers on campus maintain Level II commissions with the Spokane Police Department. All officers are trained and have close contact with the city police and fire officials.
- Security can be reached by dialing #40 from any campus phone, by calling 509-358-7995, or e-mailing email@example.com.
Emergency blue poles
In an emergency, you need immediate help – look for a blue light. The blue light identifies the location of an emergency telephone. Simply press the RED emergency phone button (no dialing is necessary) to be connected to Riverpoint Campus Security. Describe your emergency to the campus security officer. Every call placed from a blue light pole is responded to by a Riverpoint Campus Security Officer. Note the location of the blue light telephones as you move about the campus. For the locations of the emergency blue poles click here.
Safety escort services
- Escort services are provided by Riverpoint Campus Security and are available 24 hours a day, including holidays and weekends.
- To receive this service, call 509-358-7995.
- An officer will meet with you to provide an escort to your vehicle parked on campus or to a bus shelter.
This site is dedicated to helping WSU Spokane students be successful by providing a forum for early intervention to anyone who has direct contact with students. To learn more about the Aware network and submit a referral click here.
Parking lot survey results
Riverpoint Campus Security annually completes a Riverpoint Campus Parking Lot Survey. See what this year's survey found sitting in vehicles parked in the campus parking lots. Do not tempt the criminals by leaving items in your vehicle. You could be their next victim. If you must leave items in your vehicle, put them in the trunk before arriving on campus. Tips for parking on campus include the following:
- Park your car in a well lit or high traffic area.
- Do not leave valuables in plain sight inside of your vehicle, i.e., laptops, credit cards, checkbooks, mail, gym bags, exposed garage door openers, wallets/purses/backpacks, etc.
- Keep your car doors locked.
- When shopping, lock bags in the trunk.
- If you see someone in your car, dial 911, then Riverpoint Campus Security at 358-7995.
Bicycle registration program
- Bring your bike to the Riverpoint Campus Security office located in South Campus Facility, room 269. Call ahead (358-7995) to make sure the officers are in the office and not out on patrol. The bicycle registration program is open to faculty, staff, and students.
- Security will label your bike.
- Complete a bike registration form.
- Owner to keep a copy of the bike registration form. Owner could reference this form if a police report ever needed to be filed.
- Security office will also keep a copy of the bike registration form.
- Develop a relationship with neighbors that will encourage checking on one another often.
- Lock up wallets, purses, backpacks, and other valuables. Do not leave them unattended, even on campus.
- Report safety hazards, unsafe lighting, and defective equipment to campus administrative offices.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Know where you are. Know where you are going and what to expect.
- Avoid walking alone and let people know where you are going.
- Park in an area that will be well-lit after dark. Ask campus security personnel to walk you to your car at night.
- Plan your walking trips in advance and choose a safe, well-lit, and populated route.
- Remember that most crimes occur in response to opportunities.
- Leave nothing visible in your car, even if it is of no value.
Annual Clery Report
Security Desk: 509-358-7995; firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Fax: 509-368-6990