We currently recycle plastic bottles, cans, ink cartridges, batteries, and paper in all buildings on the Riverpoint Campus.
- Clean, empty containers—must be thoroughly rinsed out
- Caps or lids removed
- No straws
- #1 plastic or clear #2 plastic containers (number located on bottom of container)
Each building has a receptacle to put the batteries in on the loading dock.
The CTR (Commute Trip Reduction) program is handling the ink cartridge recycling in various workrooms around the campus. Look for this box to put your used ink cartridges and used cell phones in. Since 2008 the CTR program has recycled 2,935 cartridges for a total of 3,829 lbs. of material that did not go into landfills.
What we recycle in an average school year:
- 740 lbs of cardboard per week
- 590 gallons of mixed paper per week
- 100 lbs of cans per month
Number of Copies printed:
July '11 – 29,467
Aug '11 – 55,653
Sept '11 – 61,055
Oct '11 – 65,128
Nov '11 – 46,793
Dec '11 – 33,243
Jan '12 – 43,523
Feb '12 – 52,369
Total for first 6 months of fiscal year: 387,231
Those copies cost the university: $27,700.03