The Riverpoint Campus Wellness Collaborative . . . your link to health & wellness on campus!
To foster a thriving culture of wellness on the Riverpoint Campus for Eastern Washington University, Washington State University Spokane, Innovate Washington, and the community.
Our definition of "wellness" includes:
- Physical fitness
- Nutritional health
- Psychological and emotional well-being
- Community vibrancy
- Environmental sustainability
- Promote and champion a culture of wellness on the Riverpoint Campus
- Organize educational and information-sharing events such as the Healthy Fair each year in October, and Earth Day every year in April.
- Sponsor wellness-related activities and incentive programs
Areas of on-going development
- Garner broad support of, representation on, and participation in the Riverpoint Campus Wellness Collaborative.
- Explore options for multi-purpose space for wellness activities.
- Advocate for healthy food-service options on or near campus and as part of the budding University District.
- Organize, support, and participate in campus-wide wellness endeavors.
- Develop information-sharing activities and programs.
How to get involved with the Riverpoint Campus Wellness Collaborative
- Contact: Sicco Rood, 509-324-7451 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Results of the 2012 Riverpoint Campus Wellness survey
Clubs & classes
Fitness clubs (students may want to check with ASWSU for additional discounts)
All Employees Receive 50% off Joiner Fees and 10% off Monthly Dues if a group of 5 or more sign up together. (WSU already gets the discount, EWU needs 5 people. Existing Y members can join the group in order to also benefit from the discount) For those who are 65 and older, Group Health offers free membership in the Y with their Clear Care (Medicare Advantage) program. YMCA: Corporate Rates
- OZ Fitness
All employees receive $0 joiner/processing fee and $27.99 a month for regular, $32.99 for executive membership. EWU still needs to work out an agreement with OZ to get the same discount (please contact us if you are from EWU and you would like to organize this). More Information.
- The Rec Center in Cheney
Discounts for both WSU Spokane and EWU Spokane students. (More information is being requested on this discount) Convenient bus route (29 from campus turns into the bus that goes to Cheney and conveniently drops off in front of the Rec Center) Great facilities, including a skating rink!
- Spokane Club
Prices vary for full membership, family membership, Associate 20s membership and Associate 30s membership, but all WSU employees enjoy 50% off of their initial membership fees. More information.
Discover the joy of meditation right in the midst of it all.
- Ongoing meditation group every Wednesday from noon to 12:30 at the Saranac Community Building meditation room. Only a leisurely two blocks from campus at 25 West Main Street.
- Contact Sicco Rood at 509-324-7451
- General information about Meditation
Join a yoga class and discover a mind/body connection that gives inner peace and the ability to actually relax.
- Classes meet Monday and Wednesday from noon to 1:00 p.m. in the Phase I Classroom Building Second Floor Studio.
- Sessions follow the academic year with spring and winter breaks, as well as holidays.
- The fee is typically between $4 and $5 per class.
This will be the ninth year that yoga classes have been available for faculty and staff at the Riverpoint campus.
Contact Diane Wick at email@example.com to sign up.