The WSU SPOKANE CAMPUS WELLNESS COLLABORATIVE...YOUR LINK TO HEALTH & WELLNESS!
To foster a thriving culture of wellness for the Spokane campus community.
Our definition of "wellness" includes:
- Physical fitness
- Nutritional health
- Psychological and emotional well-being
- Community vibrancy
- Promote and champion a culture of wellness on the campus
- Organize educational and information-sharing events
- Sponsor wellness-related activities and incentive programs
- Organize, support, and participate in campus-wide wellness endeavors
- Develop information-sharing activities and programs
Students, please check with ASWSU for the student discount information.
All Employees Receive 50% off Joiner Fees and 10% off Monthly Dues if a group of 5 or more sign up together. (WSU already gets the discount, EWU needs 5 people. Existing Y members can join the group in order to also benefit from the discount) For those who are 65 and older, Group Health offers free membership in the Y with their Clear Care (Medicare Advantage) program. YMCA: Corporate Rates
- Muv Fitness
All employees receive $0 joiner/processing fee and $27.99 a month for regular, $32.99 for executive membership. EWU still needs to work out an agreement with Muv to get the same discount (please contact us if you are from EWU and you would like to organize this).
- Spokane Club
Prices vary for full membership, family membership, Associate 20s membership and Associate 30s membership, but all WSU employees enjoy 50% off of their initial membership fees.
Discover the joy of meditation right in the midst of it all.
- Ongoing meditation group every Wednesday from noon to 12:30 at the Saranac Community Building meditation room. Only a leisurely two blocks from campus at 25 West Main Street.
- General information about Meditation
Join a no-sweat flow yoga class and discover a mind/body connection that provides inner peace and the ability to relax.
- Classes meet Monday and Wednesday from noon to 1:00 p.m. in the Innovate Washington Building, room 432.
- Sessions run for eight weeks/16 classes. They are held year-round, except on holidays and during the university's winter closure.
- Drop-ins pay $8 per class. A discounted rate of $5 is available to those prepaying for a full session (16 classes, for a total of $80) or a half session ($40, for those taking either Monday or Wednesday classes).
Classes are taught by yoga teacher Rachel Mitrovich and are available to faculty, staff, and students. Next session start date: October 21, 2015.
For more information, contact Judith Van Dongen at email@example.com.
WELLNESS EVENTS CALENDAR
Wellness Collaborative Chairperson
Assistant to the Dean
WSU College of Medical Sciences