The WSU SPOKANE CAMPUS WELLNESS COLLABORATIVE...YOUR LINK TO HEALTH & WELLNESS!
To foster a thriving culture of wellness on the Spokane campus.
Our definition of "wellness" includes:
- Physical fitness
- Nutritional health
- Psychological and emotional well-being
- Community vibrancy
- Promote and champion a culture of wellness on the campus
- Organize educational and information-sharing events such as the annual Health Fair each October, and Earth Day (in collaboration with the Sustainability Committee) each April
- Sponsor wellness-related activities and incentive programs
Areas of on-going development
- Garner broad support of, representation on, and participation in the Campus Wellness Collaborative.
- Explore options for multi-purpose space for wellness activities.
- Advocate for healthy food-service options on or near campus and as part of the University District.
- Organize, support, and participate in campus-wide wellness endeavors.
- Develop information-sharing activities and programs.
Students, please check with ASWSU for the student discount information.
All Employees Receive 50% off Joiner Fees and 10% off Monthly Dues if a group of 5 or more sign up together. (WSU already gets the discount, EWU needs 5 people. Existing Y members can join the group in order to also benefit from the discount) For those who are 65 and older, Group Health offers free membership in the Y with their Clear Care (Medicare Advantage) program. YMCA: Corporate Rates
- Muv Fitness
All employees receive $0 joiner/processing fee and $27.99 a month for regular, $32.99 for executive membership. EWU still needs to work out an agreement with Muv to get the same discount (please contact us if you are from EWU and you would like to organize this).
- Spokane Club
Prices vary for full membership, family membership, Associate 20s membership and Associate 30s membership, but all WSU employees enjoy 50% off of their initial membership fees.
Discover the joy of meditation right in the midst of it all.
- Ongoing meditation group every Wednesday from noon to 12:30 at the Saranac Community Building meditation room. Only a leisurely two blocks from campus at 25 West Main Street.
- General information about Meditation
Join a no-sweat flow yoga class and discover a mind/body connection that gives inner peace and the ability to actually relax.
- Classes meet Monday and Wednesday from noon to 1:00 p.m. in the South Campus Facility Room 260.
- Sessions follow the academic year with spring and winter breaks, as well as holidays.
- The fee is typically between $5 and $8 per class.
Yoga classes are available for faculty, staff, and students at WSU Spokane.
Contact Kelly LaGrutta at email@example.com to sign up.
WELLNESS EVENTS CALENDAR