CAMPUS COMMUNICATION DURING EMERGENCIES
The WSU Spokane ALERT web site will serve as the primary source of emergency and other critical information for the campus. The other emergency communications methods available for use are:
- Campus Outdoor Warning System consisting of public address speakers mounted throughout campus;
- The CougAlert notification system which consists of a vendor provided service that contacts the university community directly via cell phones (both voice and text), landlines (voice), email and pagers with emergency warnings and notifications;
- Desktop messaging via the VOIP phone system;
- Digital message reader boards located in College of Nursing, Health Sciences Building, Phase One Building, Academic Center and Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences Building.
- Campus Alert phone is 509-323-2474 and it will be updated accordingly.
Sign up for CougAlert
The CougAlert is an opt-in system. Follow these instructions to register for CougAlert:
- Connect to ZZUsis
- Look at the "Spokane Emergency Info" section.
- Click on the "update your emergency contact" link and that will take you directly to the "Employee Emergency Notification Information" web site.
Read more about the campus Emergency Management Plan