Please ask our librarians and staff for help.
- Access to the library's Catalog »
- Access to multiple indexing and journal articles databases on many subjects
- Course reserves (See tab above)
- Electronic and courier document delivery from WSU, EWU Cheney, and SUMMIT libraries
- Equipment to view coursework-related videos and DDP tapes
- Use one of several group or quiet study rooms; see library staff to schedule SAC 313 in the library
- Interlibrary loan »
- Internet access for faculty, students, and staff
- Photocopying (ten cents per page - See tab above)
- Professional instructional and reference services.
Call for instructions or to schedule appointments.
Library staff do not proctor exams. Contact WSU Online at 509-335-3557 to make arrangements for exam proctoring.
Services outside the WSU Spokane website
PRINTING & COPYING
Pay for printing and copying
Ways to use your CougarCard, Eagle Card, or Uniprint Card to pay for printing and copying
You'll need TechFee credits, cash in your EagleFlex or Cougar CASH account, or a pre-paid Uniprint Card. Once you have that, you can “swipe” your card at our printer/copier to pay for that service in:
Spokane Academic Library
WSU Computer labs in the Academic Center and Nursing Buildings
EWU Phase One Computer Lab - Printing & Copying, Tech Fee & EagleFlex
EWU Phase One Student Services - Printing only, Tech Fee & EagleFlex
EWU HSB basement break room - Copying only, Tech Fee & EagleFlex cards
To Put Cash In Your Account:
WSU students, faculty, and staff:
A prepaid, stored-value account that's part of your CougarCard, Cougar CASH has you covered!
On Line Self Service
Welcome to the online CougarCard Center! Instead of going to the CougarCard Center to make a deposit, you can serve yourself with our online CougarCard tools.
Log into myWSU and click on the “Finances” link to view your current Cougar CASH balance, or click on the “Need More $” link to deposit funds into Cougar CASH.
Locally at WSU Spokane
During their open hours, Student Affairs can accept cash, checks, and Visa and Mastercard to add funds to your Cougar CASH account.
They are at 509-358-7978, Rm. 130 in the Academic Center.
EWU students, faculty, and staff:
EagleFlex: a prepaid, declining balance account similar to a debit card. Create an account online at EagleNET under the Student tab, or at EWU Academic Affairs in the Phase One building.
Four ways to add money to your EagleFlex (see EagleFlex)
- At Riverpoint, bring cash in bills to the library, and use the EWU PHIL machine to add money.
- Go to the Dining Office, Room 120 Tawanka Commons and add money by cash, check, or credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
- Call 509-359-2540 or 509-359-6184. Be prepared with your Credit Card and personal information.
- Send EWU a check with a note that indicates your name & ID #. (Make check payable to "EWU")
120 Tawanka Commons
Cheney, WA 99004
Any Library User
Pay cash for a Uniprint card. A vending machine in the library accepts $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills for pre-paid cards. Note: it doesn't give change, but we can change bills for you in the library. Recycle empty cards in the library or lab!
B&W Laser printing (8 ½ X 11 up to 8 1/2 X 14) $0.10/page
Ledger B&W (11 X 17) $0.20/page
Color Laser printing (8 ½ X 11 up to 11 X 17) $0.40/page
Faculty may provide access to highly-used Required Readings material by putting it on reserve. The library staff provide both physical and electronic reserve support.
Ask your faculty what they have on reserve in the library.
Students can ask for Required Book Reserves by faculty name or class number at the circulation desk. They may see what a professor has placed on reserve by checking the catalog under “course reserves.”
Reserves usually have brief loan periods, ranging from one hour to a week. Most circulate for two hours.
- Click here to search for items and make online requests ».
- Begin the process of having a Library book sent to Riverpoint (which generally takes two days) by selecting the “request item” button at the top of the screen.
- If the book does not appear within the WSU system, it may be available from a Summit Library. If so, select “request this item.” The book should arrive at Riverpoint within 4-5 days.
- WSU Users and EWU users can request both journal articles not available at Riverpoint and books not found within either library nor Summit.
- Include only one item per request form, regardless of the submission method.
- Patrons are responsible for photocopying items available at the Riverpoint Campus Library.
- The Riverpoint Campus Library does not accept phone requests.
Information to include
Include the following information on request forms (item information usually transferred automatically from electronic indexes)
- Personal information (e.g., your complete name, phone number, and whether you are an EWU or WSU patron).
- WSU or EWU identification number
- Author (if available)
- Type of material requested (e.g., journal, book, microfiche).
- Date of publication, pages, volume, issue, etc.
- Date when you will no longer need the item.
- Item’s call number. Journals also have call numbers.
- Item location (e.g., Holland, JFK).
- Name of the catalog or index where you found the item (e.g., Library catalog, Medline, PsycInfo). “First Search” is not an index name. If you found the citation in PubMed or Medline, include the PMID number.
REFERENCE AREA PCS & LAPTOPS
Reference area PCs
Reference area PCs provide students, faculty, and staff of EWU and WSU with access to online library resources.
Two computers are available for use by others if they are not being used by WSU and EWU affiliates and if the visitor signs in at the service desk, which constitutes an agreement to abide by the conditions of use on this form.
Microsoft Office programs are available on the reference area PCs in the library. Use many media-creation programs on our multi-media machine, which has a scanner.
IT at WSU Spokane »
Students may also check out a laptop for 3 days (limited number available). Faculty may check out a laptop for use in classroom presentations for up to four hours. Read the instructions for use (pdf) , the user agreement (pdf) , and policies (pdf) here.
OTHER LIBRARIES' LINKS
- Betty M. Anderson Nursing Library »
- Gonzaga University »
- Whitworth University »
- North Idaho College »
- Spokane Public Library »
- Spokane County Library »
- Spokane Community College »
- Spokane Falls Community College »
- University of Washington Health Science Library »
- Washington State Library »
Northwest digital collections
Sun: 10 AM – 6 PM
Mon–Thurs: 8 AM – 9 PM
Fri: 8 AM – 5 PM
Sat: 9 AM - 5 PM
The library will be CLOSED Saturday, May 23rd through Monday, May 25th in observance of Memorial Day. Normal hours will resume Tuesday, May 26th.
Main Desk Phone: 509-358-7930
Location: 600 N. Riverpoint Blvd., Academic Center, Room 230
Mailing Address: PO Box 1495, Spokane, WA 99210-1495
Ship FedEx, UPS, etc. to: 412 E. Spokane Falls Blvd., Spokane 99202