New parking designations
Please see the map for changes to parking for the 2015-2016 school year.
New this year please note the color permit that you purchase is the color you can park in. If all the parking lots, in your permit color zone are full, call the parking office for further instruction as to where to park. (office number is 509-368-6999)
(Please note that the new orange annual permit from WSU Spokane will not be honored in orange lots in Pullman, but your orange permit will give you access to park in green, yellow, red, or blue.)
Instructions for Parking Violation Appeals
Before appealing your citation, bear in mind the following:
- When you became a student or accepted a position with the University, you agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of the University. The traffic and parking regulations are a part of these regulations.
- Permit holders are guaranteed a place to park. They are not guaranteed a space nearest to their classes or place of work.
- The fact that other vehicles are parked improperly does not constitute a valid excuse.
- If you use an emergency or other extenuating circumstance as an excuse, you must attach documented proof to your appeal.
- Not knowing the regulations is not a valid excuse.
- Your past parking record will be a factor in the Parking Appeal Committee's decision.
Suggestions, recommendations, or concerns about the regulations should be directed to Parking and Transportation Services at 509.368.6999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking Violation Appeal
- Appeals must be submitted in writing within ten days of the violation date. Appeal process does not affect the 30 day late fee time table.
- Refunds will be mailed to the address of the appellant shown on this appeal.
- If you are dissatisfied with the preliminary decision, request a hearing before the committee. Such a request must be made in writing (at Parking and Transportation Services) within ten days of receipt of the notice of the appeal. If no such request is received, the appeal decision shall be final.
The appeal committee convenes the first Wednesday and the third Monday of every month. Decisions will be mailed to the address listed on your appeal form.
FINES AND TICKETS
Approved FY 2003
- Blocking traffic: $25.00
- Display of lost, stolen, or counterfeit permit: $250.00
- Illegal use of permit: $65.00
- Improper display of permit or indicator: $5.00
- Late fee: $10.00
- No parking permit: $25.00
- No parking permit for this area: $20.00
- No parking zone: $20.00
- Overtime in time zone: $10.00
- Overtime or nonpayment at meter: $10.00
- Parking in a fire zone: $50.00
- Unauthorized parking in a disability space: $50.00
- Unauthorized parking in reserved area: $40.00
- Wheel lock fee: $50.00
Tips to Avoid Tickets
If you have questions about parking on campus, call Parking and Transportation Services at 509-368-6999. Any other source is unreliable!
- Have a properly displayed, valid WSU Spokane parking permit.
- Stay away from meters if you hate to watch the clock.
- The objective of a zone system is to provide you with a reliable chance of finding a space in your zone. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis; there are no guarantees. If you cannot find a space in your assigned zone, use the park-down rules to find other areas where your permit allows you to park.
- Pay close attention to signs and park in marked spaces only. All lots have signs at their entrances to let you know what restrictions apply and when enforcement is in effect.
- If your vehicle becomes disabled and you cannot move it right away, call our office or campus security.
When our office is closed, call Campus Security (509-358-7995) for information.
Availability and Prices
2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR
(Tax is included)
|Orange permit||Green permit||Yellow permit||Red permit|
* There are pay and display machines in the Orange 1, Yellow 1, Yellow 2 and Yellow 3. The pay and display machines accept master card/ visa, dollar bills and coins. Once you have inserted your money, take the receipt slip and display that on your dash so that it can be seen from outside your vehicle at all times while on campus. This receipt is only good for the lots they are purchased in, Please read any and all signs in the area.
There are also parking meters in the Green 1, 2 and Green 3 parking lots, meters are $1.00 an hour.
All individuals who park on campus bear responsibility to read and understand campus parking regulations.
Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as grounds for dismissal of parking tickets.
Commute Trip Reduction
- This state-sponsored program is designed to reduce the number of single occupancy vehicles on the road, in an effort to cut air pollution, traffic, and wear on the roads.
- Register for the campus CTR program though the Parking and Transportation office.
- EWU and WSU faculty and staff who register as CTR participants may receive a reduction in their parking pass. On the WSU Spokane campus, the CTR program includes a guaranteed ride home in the case of emergencies.
- The CTR committee tries to reward the great participants of the CTR program by holding a monthly drawing. We enter countywide events to give you an opportunity for prizes.
- Commute Finder NW: Are you looking for a carpool or van pool partner? This site will also connect you with bike riding/walking partners and bus info.
- Go Green CTR newsletter (pdf) » Winter
Spokane Transit Authority
- Current bus schedules and STA information are available in each of the classroom buildings and by the Parking Office (South Campus Facilities, room 314, behind the Bookie). For more information, visit our office or call 509.368.6999.
- EWU and WSU students and staff can ride the bus for free; just slide your current, valid EWU or WSU card on the bus.
- The Parking Office collects names and locations of people interested in car- and vanpools. Check with us (509.368.6999) about carpooling.
Bicycling and Walking
- The WSU Spokane campus enjoys a wonderful location along the Centennial Trail, which starts at Riverside State Park and continues on to Post Falls. This trail is great for bicycling, walking, or in-line skating. So enjoy the trail even on the weekends with a parking pass, or use the meters in the green parking lots.
- Bike racks: north east of the Academic Center; inside Phase I, Academic Center, and Health Sciences building (look in loading docks).
PO Box 1495
Spokane, WA 99210-1495
412 E Spokane Falls Blvd
Spokane, WA 99202
412 E. Spokane Falls blvd.,
314 South Campus Facility
(west side), behind the Bookie
Mon–Thurs: 7:30 am–6:30 pm
Fri: 8:00 am–5:00 pm