For immigration purposes, the term transfer applies to students who come to WSU Spokane from another U.S. college, university, or ESL program. If you are a transfer student, please follow the directions below.
- You must have maintained lawful F-1 status throughout your program of study.
- You must request the transfer of your SEVIS record to WSU within the 60-day period following your last date of attendance, optional practical training, or authorized vacation at your previous or current school.
- You must enroll full-time at WSU within five months of your last attendance at the previous school.
If you have ever violated the terms of your current F-1 status, you will need to depart the U.S. to make a new entry with an initial attendance I-20.
Immigration reinstatement is only possible if your failure to maintain status resulted from circumstances beyond your control.
Contact the international student advisor at your current school or WSU Spokane (email@example.com or 509.358.7534) as soon as possible to discuss your situation.
- Have your current or previous international student advisor release your SEVIS record to WSU Spokane. WSU cannot issue you an I-20 until your SEVIS record is released.
- Complete the transfer-in form (PDF); mail or fax it to the address on the bottom of the form.
- You will be issued a “Transfer-Pending” I-20 only if you plan to travel outside the U.S. prior to beginning your study at WSU Spokane. (Please contact Liz West at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- A “transfer-pending” I-20 is a temporary I-20 for reentry to the U.S. only.
- Contact the international student advisor as soon as you arrive in Spokane to complete the immigration check-in. When this is complete, you will be issued a permanent WSU Spokane I-20.
Important: Out of Status Warning
You will be out of legal status in the U.S. if you fail to complete the immigration check-in with your international student advisor within 15 days of the beginning of classes. If you have any questions, contact Liz West at email@example.com or 509.358.7534.