Testing room policies and procedures
The university is legally mandated to provide access to all of its programs and services. As part of that responsibility, we provide testing accommodations for some students with disabilities. Accommodations are provided so that you have a more accurate measure of the student’s achievement. Only students with documented disabilities who have been approved for testing accommodations for the semester are eligible to use these testing services.
The Student Affairs office can provide a testing room for students with disabilities who require such accommodations, or an instructor may provide testing accommodations for students in their classroom or office.
What students need to do
- Bring faculty their Accommodation Form to sign at the beginning of each term.
- Submit a Test Request to Liz West at least three business days in advance of each test OR submit a copy of each syllabus at the beginning of each term, so testing rooms may be scheduled.
- Inform faculty that they will be taking the test in the Student Affairs testing room.
Ask faculty to email the test to email@example.com or deliver the test to Liz West (SAC 130A).
What instructors need to do
- Sign the student’s Accommodation Form indicating that you are aware of their accommodations.
- If the student is testing in the Student Affairs testing room, send a copy of the exam via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hand deliver to SAC 130A.
- Fill out Faculty Testing Room Instructions for each exam and include them with the test/exam.
- Arrange for alternate test day and times as necessary. See “Scheduling Tests” below.
What the Student Affairs office will do
- Begin and end the test according to the specific instructions of faculty and the student’s approved accommodations. Make sure that the Faculty Testing Room Instructions are followed.
- Hold for pick up or deliver the completed test according to your instructions.
- Students may not deliver completed exams.
Scheduling a test
Students are expected to test in the Student Affairs testing room at the same time the rest of the class is testing unless faculty have arranged an alternate date or time with the student and indicated the alternate date or time on the proctoring instructions. The testing room is available during business hours (7:30 am to 5:00 pm). If you have questions about procedures or if you need assistance determining the best way to provide approved accommodations for a student, please call Liz West at 358-7534.
Asst Director, Student Affairs
Academic Center 130
PO Box 1495
Spokane, WA 99210-1495