Honors & Awards
WSU Spokane takes great pride in recognizing the outstanding achievements of its students. Please take a moment to nominate those students you feel are deserving of the recognitions listed below. Take note that you may nominate a student for one or more of the following honors. Be sure to check all boxes that apply when completing the nomination form.
The Chancellor’s Awards recognize outstanding graduating students each academic year. The awards are presented at the Commencement Breakfast. Any member of the WSU community may nominate a deserving WSU Spokane graduate or undergraduate student who will graduate in 2013 (spring/summer/fall).
The student who is selected for this award will have demonstrated:
- Inquiry and Innovation – Capacity for thoughtful reasoning
- Perseverance in academic pursuits, despite personal or situational barriers
- Character and Integrity – Explain how this student fosters an environment that cultivates individual virtues and institutional integrity
- Civic mindedness - Detail how the student is active in civic-minded service within the campus and/or larger community
- Collaboration - A commitment to working collaboratively. Detail the ways you have observed the student working as a team member
- Commitment to diversity
Student Commencement Speaker
Students with an inspirational message or compelling story can be nominated. If selected, they will be asked to deliver a short message to their fellow graduates during the commencement ceremony--approximately 3-5 minutes.
Student Spotlight for Commencement
Help us put the spotlight on a few of our WSU Spokane graduating students by sharing their compelling story of overcoming great odds, dedication, sacrifice, and/or commitment. If selected, these students will be highlighted in the commencement ceremony and the media release prior to the event.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m., April 1, 2013. Please direct any questions to Judy Zeiger at email@example.com or 509.358.7526.