To qualify for any type of state or federal aid-including grants, work study, or loans-a student must:

  1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) February 15 is the priority deadline for the following academic year.
  2. Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate, pass a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education, meet other standards your state establishes and the U.S. Department of Education approves, or complete a high school education in a home school setting that is treated as a home school or private school under state law. Please contact our office for more information.
  3. Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program. You may not receive aid for correspondence or telecommunications courses unless they are part of an associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degree program.
  4. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen »
  5. Have a valid Social Security Number (SSN) »
  6. Meet satisfactory academic progress standards set by the postsecondary school you are or will be attending.
  7. Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
  8. Certify that you are not in default on a federal student loan and that you do not owe money on a federal student grant.
  9. Register with the selective service, if required.


Priority deadline: February 15


You'll find the new, simplified process for filling out the FAFSA:

The FAFSA site also has application deadlines, special alert notices, contact information, and more.


If you are ineligible for federal loans or if all other forms of aid have not met your attendance costs, consider seeking out private funding.

More information, as well as a list of lenders, is available by clicking on the Private Education Loans tab on this page:
http://finaid.wsu.edu/your-award/loans/ »


You can use your network ID and password to view your WSU student account at zzusis. There are a number of ways that you may pay your tuition and fees:

  • You can pay your account at zzusis using an electronic check or credit card. The university strongly recommends utilizing an electronic check as it is generally a faster, easier, and less expensive form of payment. Payments made by electronic check or by credit card before 3:30 pm Monday through Friday should be posted to your account by the next business day. Electronic check or credit card payments received after 3:30 pm Monday through Friday should be posted to your account by the second business day. Be sure to check your account at that time to ensure payment was properly applied.
  • You can pay in person by check or cash in the WSU Spokane Student Affairs office located in Room 130 of the Academic Center. Payments made by in-person delivery before 3:00 pm Monday through Friday should be posted to your account by the next business day. In-person payments received between 3:00 and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday should be posted to your account by the second business day. Be sure and check your account at that time to ensure payment was properly applied.
  • Payments sent through the US Postal Service will be posted to your account the first business day after receipt. Late fees will be applied to your account if payment sent through US Postal Service arrives after the due dates. You can mail a check made payable to WSU to:

Student Affairs
Washington State University Spokane
PO Box 1495
Spokane WA 99210-1495


zzusis »

Get your current WSU financial aid information online, as well other information pertaining to your enrollment status.

Financial aid estimators »

Designed to help you, as an applicant, to find out what types of financial aid you may be eligible to receive during an academic year (fall and spring semesters) while attending Washington State University.

Financial aid forms »

Download-ready versions of all forms required by the WSU Office of Financial Aid. Print and complete the correct form; mail or fax it to our office. Call 509.358.7534 for further information.

National student loan data system »

The U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. Find out how much you owe and to whom.

Satisfactory academic progress »

When students accept financial aid, they also accept responsibility for making satisfactory academic progress (SAP). Follow this link for help understanding SAP requirements.

Undocumented Students (HB 1079) »

This page is dedicated to providing relevant information to further our mission to ensure all students receive the maximum amount of assistance possible. For more information on HB 1079 go to: http://www.hb1079.org.


Liz West
Academic Center, 130
Telephone: 509-358-7534
E-mail: liz.west@wsu.edu

Student Affairs Office Hours
M-F, 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM

FAFSA code: 003800