Wilbert James, M.D.
Job and/or Tribal Title
- Medical Director
- Twenty-plus years working as a family physician in rural tribal health clinics in Washington and Oregon practicing allopathic medicine from a native perspective
- Exposure and teaching from numerous traditional healers and tribal elders
- Trained traditional coast Salish speaker for James family
- Trained salmon cook
Education and Experience
- B.S., Biological Sciences, Stanford
- M.D., University of Washington
- Providence/Seattle Indian Health Board Family Practice Residency
- M.D. Tulalip
- M.D. Grand Ronde
- M.D. Swinomish
- Medical Director, Upper Skagit
- Medical Director, LaConner Health and Wellness
- Medical Director, Harrision Health Partners, Forks, WA
- Medical Director, Sauk-Suiattle Tribe
- Swinomish Canoe Family
I encourage all students to pursue excellence and seek out natives with aptitude to answer the call and meet the needs of the people.
The paint moves. Roles change with time. We deserve to train the next generation of healers to take our place.