- This event has passed.
Training – Microsoft Teams – Session 3
January 16 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Training scheduled for Microsoft Teams service
Microsoft Teams service will be enabled for all WSU students and employees starting Jan. 8. Teams brings together a collaborative workspace, file management, project and task tools, persistent chat (IM), and a new type of online meeting space all into one solution, making it easier for people to communicate and collaborate.
Training sessions for Teams will be offered via Zoom, on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, Jan. 16, 12 to 1 p.m. (Zoom Meeting ID: 112 615 950)
- Wednesday, Jan. 22, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Zoom Meeting ID: 570 904 885)
- Friday, Jan. 24, 12 to 1 p.m. (Zoom Meeting ID: 750 307 170)
Replacing Skype for Business
On Jan. 27, Skype for Business users will have their contacts and scheduled meetings migrated to Teams. The following items will take place on that date:
- Contacts in Skype for Business will automatically be migrated to Teams. The migrated contacts will show up shortly after users login to the Teams service.
- Existing meetings in Skype for Business will also be automatically migrated to Teams.
Since dial-in conferencing is not available at this time in WSU’s Teams environment, ITS recommends that you use Zoom to meet your dial-in conferencing needs.
During the period in January where both services are available, users can have both clients open and running. However, Teams does not communicate with Skype for Business, so there is no messaging or meetings between Skype for Business and Teams. Current Skype for Business users are encouraged to set up their Teams accounts prior to Jan. 27 to become familiar with the new service.
Getting Started with Teams on Jan. 8
Visit the ITS website to get started using the Teams service to communicate and collaborate at WSU.
For local support, contact the Technical Support Center at 509- 358-7748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, questions or support needs can be directed to Crimson Service Desk at 509-335-HELP or CrimsonServiceDesk@wsu.edu.