Program of Laboratory Animal Resources (PLAR)
Material Transfer Agreements
All animals must be acquired lawfuly, and the receiving institution should ensure that all procedures involving animal procurement are conducted in a lawful manner.
To order animals from approved vendors:
- Submit the Animal Order Form to the appropriate person in your department to obtain either a PO# or Account #
- PLAR must have the form by Thursday morning for ordering
- PLAR will notify the lab following receipt of the shipment
- Animals must be allowed to acclimate for a minimum of 3 days
To exchange animals between Universities or other Investigators:
- A Material Transfer Agreement may be required
- Complete the Exchange of Non-Commercial Animals form and submit it to PLAR. The veterinary staff will contact the other facility to exchange health reports and to determine the requirements for receiving/shipping animals.
- Complete the appropriate form for the Technology Transfer Office. In Spokane, submit the form to the Grants and Contracts Manager, OGRD.