TESTING POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The WSU Spokane Student Affairs office provides testing accommodations for students with disabilities. Only students with documented disabilities who have been approved for testing accommodations for the semester are eligible to utilize these testing services.
- Talk to instructors about their Accommodation Form, specifically your plans for testing in the Student Affairs offices, at the beginning of each term.
- Provide your testing schedule by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or bringing a copy of your syllabi with testing dates to SAC 145.
- Ask faculty to email the test (or test password) and instructions to email@example.com or deliver to Kristie Brink (SAC 145).
- Notify the Student Affairs office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if a scheduled test is cancelled or if you decide to take the test or quiz in class.
- Show up on time for the exam. Faculty will be contacted for late arrivals to see whether testing should proceed or not.
- Student will initiate meeting to discuss Letter of Accommodation and testing at the beginning of the semester.
- Fill out Faculty Testing Center Instructions for each exam and include when providing exam/password to Student Affairs (email@example.com or delivered to SAC 145) at least one business day in advance of the test.
- Arrange for alternate test day and times as necessary. See “Scheduling Tests” below.
Student Affairs Responsibilities:
- Begin and end the test according to the specific instructions of faculty and the student’s approved accommodations.
- Hold students’ belongings not allowed in exam.
- Assure that the Faculty Testing Room Instructions are followed.
- Hold for pick up or deliver the completed test according to faculty instructions.
Scheduling a Test
Students are expected to test in the Student Affairs Testing Center at the same time the rest of the class is testing unless faculty have arranged an alternate date or time with the student and indicated the alternate date or time on the proctoring instructions. The testing room is available during business hours (7:30 am to 5:00 pm). If you have questions about procedures or if you need assistance determining the best way to provide approved accommodations for a student, please contact Liz West at firstname.lastname@example.org or 358-7534.