Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Getting Started

Access Services works with admitted students to provide equal access to academic programs and services on the Washington State University Health Sciences Spokane campus. To ensure the smoothest experience, please be aware of the process to request accommodations for a disability or temporary health condition. It is recommended that students begin this process once admission is confirmed at WSU Spokane.

Access Services uses a system called MyAccess for requesting and renewing accommodations. This system allows students to request and implement their accommodations online.
*Note: Not all accommodations can be managed this way, and you may need to visit our office if you have accommodations that require the collaboration of your instructors or other members of our staff.

Step 1: To request accommodations, students should submit an application through MyAccess. MyAccess is an online system that facilitates the application process as well as implementation of accommodations.

Step 2: Submit documentation verifying the presence of a disability or chronic medical condition. Please refer to Documentation Guidelines to provide information that is useful in determining not only a disability, but appropriate accommodations. Documentation may be:

  • uploaded directly to MyAccess when completing the application for services
  • scanned and emailed to
  • confidential fax to 1.509.358.7538, ATTN: Jane Summers
  • hard copy delivered to Academic Center 130A, on the Spokane campus or mailed to:

Jane Summers, Director, Student Affairs and Wellness
Division of Student Affairs
WSU Health Science Spokane
Academic Center, 130A
412 E. Spokane Falls Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99202

Step 3: After your application and documentation are reviewed, you will be contacted to meet with the Access Coordinator to discuss the student’s barriers to access, how they affect the student in the educational and campus environment, their previous use of accommodations (if any), and the student’s current needs as they relate to equal access. Together, the student and the Access Coordinator will determine the accommodations that are reasonable and appropriate for the current semester.

Step 4: To renew your accommodations each semester, you simply need to request accommodations for your classes using MyAccess. For information on how to do this, please review our tutorials, or schedule an orientation meeting with your advisor.

MyAccess Login | MyAccess Tutorials

If you need assistance outside our posted tutorials, please email to sign up for a training session.

If you wish to change your accommodations, it is recommended that you make an appointment during the first two weeks of the semester.