TRIO Talent Search
What is TRIO Talent Search?
WSU TRIO Talent Search (TS) is a federally funded educational opportunity program funded through the U.S. Department of Education. It is an academic program that helps assist students in 6-12th grades to continue through middle and high school, graduate, and continue to college. Participants will receive extra support to enhance their educational and career goals.
This program is free to all eligible students.
What Services are Provided?
TS provides an extensive curriculum of support services to meet each student’s individual needs.
- Study skills
- Career Information
- Opportunities to attend field trips
- College information and visits
- Pre-college test preparation (ACT, SAT, etc.)
- Admissions information
- Information on courses to take in college
- Support transferring from middle to high school
- Connecting to career professionals and mentors
- Financial aid application help
- College entrance exams
- Money management
- And so much more!
Who is Eligible?
You can participate in TS if you are:
- A student attending Glover or Shaw middle schools or Lewis and Clark or Shadle Park high schools
- A student whose parents did not graduate from a four-year college
- A student from a family with limited income
- An individual seeking to re-enter high school or complete their GED
How to Apply?
Tracy Durbin, MS
Director, TRIO Talent Search
If you have questions or need help and would like to speak with someone, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-358-7597.