Grace Leaf

A special colleague spotlight this week as we recognize Grace Leaf for her outstanding work at WSU and wish her well on her new phase in her career journey. We want to express gratitude and appreciation for all your hard work here at WSU. You have provided students and staff with so much loving support, organization and leadership. We truly recognize what an incredible gift you have been to our work environment. We are so excited for you and this new phase of your career, but know that you will be greatly missed by all.

What is your department/location on campus? NEP, SHER 306

How long have you worked for WSU? Since October 2014

Can you tell us a bit about your degree/background? BA Comm, WSU; Master’s in Org Leadership Gonzaga; All but dissertation in the Doctoral Program in Leadership, Gonzaga

Where are you from? Chewelah

What do you enjoy/like best about your job? My awesome students! They are the reason I get out of bed every day.

What are some of your hobbies and interests? Hiking, reading, writing; Curator for TEDxSpokane

What is one of your own wellness tips/healthy habits that you love to follow? Dance! It’s good for your body and your soul. I used to teach dance aerobics until I broke 4 ribs last year, and being injured taught me the value of activity and how it feels to live with a chronic condition to adapt and make your way back to health.