I use apples in a lot of my cooking, especially in the fall, to add flavor and color to many of my appetizer dishes. However, I have never tried stuffed apples before. I found this recipe incredibly easy, involving barely any prep or clean-up. Enjoy!
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 large apples of your choice, halved and cored
- 2 Tbs dried cherries, chopped
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup granola
1. In a microwavable dish, arrange the apple halves cut side up.
2. Top each apple half evenly with the tart cherries and brown sugar. Sprinkle with the
cinnamon and nutmeg. Dot evenly with the butter.
3. Cover the apples with a microwavable dome lid. Microwave on high for about 4 minutes, or
until the apples are tender.
4. Transfer the apples to serving bowls and sprinkle each apple half evenly with the granola.
Drizzle any juices remaining in the cooking dish over the top.
Nutritional Information: 185 Calories, 29 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein, 8 g total fat, 36 mg sodium