See all photos from the awards celebration here.
WSU Health Sciences Spokane Chancellor Daryll DeWald recognized students, staff and faculty recently with excellence awards in a number of categories.
Community Impact Award
This award highlights students and community partners for their capacity building, reciprocity and innovation in our surrounding communities. Nominations in this category may focus on service-learning, philanthropy or project-based work that creates a significant community impact or advancement.
- Student Award:
- Linn Nguyen, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Brandy Seignemartin, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Morgan Carpenter, College of Nursing
- Community Partner: Martin Luther King Outreach Center
- Registered Student Organization: Health Sciences Education Organization
Chancellor’s Excellence Award
This award honors students for their leadership and academic contributions to the campus, commitment to advancing diversity, and passion for innovation and ingenuity in their chosen field.
- Brent Conrad, Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
- Katelynn Hagee, Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
- Charlotte Hata, Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Berhane Desta, College of Nursing
- Sarah Holt, College of Nursing
- Ana Vergara, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Chantel Robinson, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences – Yakima
- Johanna Pantig, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Katie Gilsdorf – Staff Award, Director of Student Leadership and Involvement
Chancellor’s Legacy Award
This award recognizes graduating students (undergraduate, graduate or professional) whose influence, ideals and activities throughout their college career have had a lasting, positive impact at WSU Health Sciences Spokane.
- Kristina Comstock, Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
- Shannon Beebe, Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Boris Zhang, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Chancellor’s Employee Excellence Awards
Individually and collectively, the students, staff and faculty honored embody our university’s mission as a public research university committed to its land grant heritage and tradition of service to society. These awards were vetted under the umbrella of excellence, in which leadership and engagement are at the forefront. We place value on equity, self-knowledge, personal empowerment and collaboration in which citizenship and service are promoted.
Civil Service Staff Excellence Award
- Katherine Lynch, Research Technologies, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Andrew Hersman, Control Technician, Facilities Operations.
Department/Group/Committee Excellence Award
- Custodial Crew, Facilities and Operations
Administrative Professional Excellence Award
- Ryan Maynard, Director of Information & Instructional Technology, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Faculty Excellence Award
This award is given to a WSU Health Sciences Spokane Faculty member that shows excellence in teaching in an academic or community setting; shows contributions to research in furthering WSU as a world class research institution; and also demonstrates service to the community and academic settings across local, regional and global lines. Nominees for this award are nominated by their fellow faculty.
- Dr. Dedra Buchwald, Director and Professor, Community Health in the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine