Skip to main content Skip to navigation

New Students

Welcome to Washington State University, Health Sciences Campus! Go Cougs!


We are so excited to have you on our campus and look forward to meeting you! We want to assist you in creating a second home on our campus and in the Spokane Community.

Below you will find some quick information regarding your new student status. For more detailed information, we have provided links to the central Washington State University campus located in Pullman, WA.

For Admission Purposes, you are considered an International Student if you are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. 

All incoming international students (first year and transfers) must attend Orientation and check-in with the International Student Services Office (SAC) they can register for classes. Kristie Brink is your DSO advisor on our campus available to help you maintain your status while you are in the United States. Please contact her with any questions regarding traveling to the U.S. and arriving in Spokane. During the international Orientation, our International Student Life team will provide information about uploading your immigration documents to myPassport.

F-1 Students

If you are pursuing an undergraduate degree as a full-time student (12 or more credits per semester), you will most likely be issued an F-1 visa.

An F-1 visa allows an international student to enter the United States to study in a language and/or academic program. If you are studying at WSU on an F-1 visa, you must comply with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requirements, as well as University requirements.


J-1 Students

A J-1 student visa allows you to participate in study-based exchange programs in the United States. If you are studying in a language and/or academic program at WSU on a J-1 visa, you must comply with regulations of the U.S. Department of State, as well as University requirements.