Food distribution spring 2019
- Tuesdays: 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Fridays: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
About the Pantry
- Food is free to all WSU Spokane and EWU Spokane students.
- A partnership with Second Harvest allows us to stock fresh fruits and vegetables.
- The Campus Pantry is a Registered Student Organization formed by Nutrition and Exercise Physiology students.
- Food donations may be left in the cardboard donations box outside the pantry.
- The shelf-stable items the pantry stocks are: oatmeal, rice, canned fruit, canned vegetables, canned meals, canned meat, peanut butter, jelly, pasta, pasta sauce and beans. Other food items are welcome.
- Toiletries and school supplies also are often donated and distributed.
- Campus food drives are held twice a year and are a contest between departments to see which unit can donate the most food. A trophy is awarded.
History of the Campus Pantry
The Campus Pantry has been a Registered Student Organization (RSO) on campus since 2016, when it was registered by two Nutrition and Exercise Physiology students, Jacob Mullins and Annie Mach. It got its start, however, in 2014 when NEP student Charlee Hansen and other members of the NEP club started the pantry with the name Peers Helping Peers. The name was later changed to Campus Pantry.