Food Distribution Days & Times
- Tuesdays: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
*Fresh produce is provided on both days.
About the Pantry
- The Campus Pantry is a campus resource for WSU and EWU students to have access to fresh produce and dried goods.
- A partnership with Second Harvest allows the pantry to stock fresh fruits and vegetables.
- CP started as a Registered Student Organization formed by Nutrition and Exercise Physiology students and developed into a campus resource given the larger campus commitment to Food Insecurity.
- Food donations may be left in the cardboard donations box outside the pantry.
- The shelf-stable items the pantry stocks are: oatmeal, rice, canned fruit, canned vegetables, canned meals, canned meat, peanut butter, jelly, pasta, pasta sauce and beans. Other food items are welcome.
- Toiletries and school supplies also are often donated and distributed.
- Campus food drives are held twice a year and are a contest between departments to see which unit can donate the most food. A trophy is awarded.
History of the Campus Pantry
The Campus Pantry expanded and became a campus resource thanks to the leadership of Brajee Green and Kristina Comstock. Prior to its expansion, Campus Pantry was a Registered Student Organization (RSO) only serving WSU students. It was chartered as an RSO in 2016 by two Nutrition and Exercise Physiology students, Jacob Mullins and Annie Mach. However, the pantry idea started because two Nutrition and Exercise Physiology students saw the need on campus. Charlee Hansen and other members of the NEP Club started the pantry with the name Peers Helping Peers. The name was eventually changed to the Campus Pantry.