Washington State University expects students to maintain academic standards of excellence and make satisfactory academic progress toward their degree objectives. Undergraduate students are in good academic standing if both their current WSU semester and cumulative grade point averages are 2.00 or above, and/or they are eligible to be enrolled. Students not meeting the criteria above are considered academically deficient.
- Check grades on myWSU »
- Read the message on your myWSU portal page »
This message identifies the regulation under which you are deficient.
First semester with below a 2.0 semester or cumulative gpa
- Complete a reinstatement application, including a personal statement.
Reinstatement Application (pdf) »
- Turn in application (and pay fee) to WSU Spokane Student Affairs.
- You must document attendance in any summer school courses, whether at WSU or another institution.
- Courses for the next semester (excluding summer) will be cancelled if an application has not been received and approved by the listed deadline.
Students with any third semester (excluding summer and winter terms) cumulative gpa below 2.0.
- Students will be dismissed and courses for the next semester (excluding summer) will be canceled. There is no early reinstatement process.
- Students who are dismissed are required to remain out of WSU for two consecutive semesters and cannot seek non-degree student status.
- Students may continue to take summer courses at WSU.
- $50.00 for Rule 38
- $75.00 for Rule 39