Environmental Health and Safety
We currently recycle plastic bottles, cans, ink cartridges, batteries, and paper in all buildings on the WSU Spokane Campus.
Blue Recycle Bins at desks:
NOTE: Please keep food residue, used paper towels or kleenex, or other contaminants out of the recycle bins.
- Mixed paper (no staples, paper clips, shredded paper but window envelopes fine)
- Plastic – clean/empty bottles with lid off
- Cans – clean/empty aluminum cans
The CTR (Commute Trip Reduction) program is handling the ink cartridge recycling in various workrooms around the campus. Look for this box to put your used ink cartridges and used cell phones in.
Each building has a receptacle to put the batteries in on the loading dock.
What is acceptable plastic?
- Clean, empty containers—must be thoroughly rinsed out
- Caps or lids removed
- No straws
- #1 plastic or clear #2 plastic containers (number located on bottom of container)
WSU Spokane Environmental Health & Safety
Chad Trent, 368-6699
CCRS, Room 310
What is acceptable paper?
- Phone Books
- Computer Paper
- Fax Paper
- Paper Bags
- Junk Mail
- Sticky notes
- Ledger Paper
- Corrugated Cardboard (remove all packing materials and breakdown the box before putting it out for recycling)
- Pizza Boxes
- Chip Board (cereal boxes, soda can boxes, envelope boxes)
- Catalogs (no binding)
- Carbon Paper
- Hard Cover or Paperback Books (no binding)
- Shipping and Mailing Tubes
- Poster Board
- Paper Contaminated with Food
- Waxed Paper or Waxed Cardboard
- Plastic Shopping Bags
- Shredded Paper