Accessing Student Health Services
- Students eligible for health services must present their WSU identification card at the time of visit to any MultiCare Rockwood Family Medicine Clinic or Urgent Care Center.
- Remember to identify yourself as a WSU student currently eligible for the health services when scheduling an appointment.
- If you are unclear about which services are covered and which are not, contact the student health clinic at 509-235-6151 or 509-755-6520 during regular office hours before you receive care.
- Review the detailed list of provided services. It is your responsibility to review and understand your coverage.
- Please note: MultiCare Rockwood Clinic does bill private insurance for expenses that are not covered under the student health plan, however, may not be able to bill some insurances or your health insurance provider may not allow you to be seen by a Rockwood provider.
- Some insurance plans have deductibles and co-pays that need to be met.
- Please contact the Rockwood Clinic location nearest you or the customer service department of your health insurance plan to discuss the status of your personal health insurance.
- WSU student health services will not pay for any emergency room or hospital visits. Any care received out of the Rockwood Clinic system is the responsibility of the student.
- Students are responsible for any outstanding charges that are not covered under the WSU Student Health Plan.
- Primary care office visits (including visits to MultiCare Rockwood Urgent Care Centers).
- A preventive exam, at an age-appropriate frequency (once every two years for most of the students in this group).
- A pap and pelvic screening exam on an interval recommended by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG).
- Testing at treatment for Blood Borne Pathogen exposures. Students will immediately go to the Main MultiCare Rockwood Urgent Care, or after clinic hours, to the Deaconess Emergency Department.
- Lab tests for the following as requested by the primary care physician:
- Gonorrhea screen (limit 1 test per term)
- Chlamydia screen (limit 1 test per term)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Urine Dip and Micro
- Strep Screen
- Mono Spot
- HPV (included with pap/cytology per ACOG guidelines)
- TB skin test annually
- Flu shots
- Immunizations: MMR, Polio, TDAP
- There is no prescription coverage under this plan.
- Indigo Urgent Care Centers are NOT covered under the WSU Student Health Fee.
There will be no copay for the services named in this section. Non-covered services are the responsibility of the student. Services that are not covered may be billed to the patient’s private insurance. Self-pay patients may be offered discounts for cash payment. All students will be accorded the same access and privileges as any other patients, and shall be subject to the same clinic rules regarding conduct and financial obligations. Once a student is confirmed for the semester, they are covered under the program, even if they withdraw from classes.
Non-covered services include specialty care, imaging (basic x-ray services are included), special labs and services, some surgical and non-surgical procedures, major medical care, emergency room, or care outside of the usual and customary practice of family medicine or urgent care.
Please also visit MultiCare Rockwood for a detailed list of services.
Teladoc is here! Teladoc gives you access 24 hours, 7 days a week to a U.S. board-certified physician through the convenience of phone, video or mobile app visits. Check out the Info flyer attached, and their website at www.teladoc.com/.
To utilize the service, here are the steps:
Step 1. Please forward this email to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org, and state, “I, <first and last name> give WSU permission to share my name, address, and DOB with Teladoc in order to enroll me in their services.” You can copy/paste this sentence and just add your first/last name!
Step 2. Give us two weeks to input your information, then see the attached Registration flyer to set up your account.
Step 3. When you need care, request a consult anytime.
Teladoc Registration Flyer