Student Health Access During COVID-19 Crisis
WSU Spokane students may still access their health care services virtually during the COVID-19 crisis either by telephone or video (preferred). The Cheney clinic site now only serves in-person patients with respiratory symptoms and conducts COVID-19 tests when indicated.
Virtual visits may be scheduled through any one of several family medicine sites including Multicare Airway Heights (preferred).
- Multicare Airway Heights Family Medicine: 509-342-3380
- Virtual Visit. Choose video or telephone. Call for appointment. Students can access from anywhere with electronic device.
- Consider INDIGO clinics as an alternative. However, visits to INDIGO Clinics are not covered under the student health plan.
Students with respiratory symptoms such as: body aches, fever, cough, congestion, shortness of breath, or other respiratory symptoms:
Contact the Cheney (respiratory clinic):
- Multicare Cheney Family Medicine: 509-235-6151
- In-person visit. Must call ahead for appointment.
- Moran Prairie and Liberty Lake also have respiratory clinics.
- All three Multicare Respiratory Clinics are open at 8 am on Saturdays.
- Multicare Urgent Care sites downtown Spokane and Liberty Lake are open from 8-8 pm for urgent issues.
Virtual appointments are encouraged for non-urgent problems such as titers and TB/QT screening.
- Primary care office visits (including visits to MultiCare Rockwood Urgent Care Centers).
- A preventive exam, at an age-appropriate frequency (once every two years for most of the students in this group).
- A pap and pelvic screening exam on an interval recommended by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG).
- Testing at treatment for Blood Borne Pathogen exposures. Students will immediately go to the Main MultiCare Rockwood Urgent Care, or after clinic hours, to the Deaconess Emergency Department.
- Lab tests for the following as requested by the primary care physician:
- Gonorrhea screen (limit 1 test per term)
- Chlamydia screen (limit 1 test per term)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Urine Dip and Micro
- Strep Screen
- Mono Spot
- HPV (included with pap/cytology per ACOG guidelines)
- TB skin test annually
- Flu shots
- Immunizations: MMR, Polio, TDAP
- There is no prescription coverage under this plan.
- Indigo Urgent Care Centers are NOT covered under the WSU Student Health Fee.
There will be no copay for the services named in this section. Non-covered services are the responsibility of the student. Services that are not covered may be billed to the patient’s private insurance. Self-pay patients may be offered discounts for cash payment. All students will be accorded the same access and privileges as any other patients, and shall be subject to the same clinic rules regarding conduct and financial obligations. Once a student is confirmed for the semester, they are covered under the program, even if they withdraw from classes.
Non-covered services include specialty care, imaging (basic x-ray services are included), special labs and services, some surgical and non-surgical procedures, major medical care, emergency room, or care outside of the usual and customary practice of family medicine or urgent care.
Please also visit MultiCare Rockwood for a detailed list of services.