Student Health Services (Spokane)
- Primary care office visits (including visits to Rockwood Urgent Care Centers).
- A preventive exam, at an age-appropriate frequency (once every two years for most of the students in this group).
- A pap and pelvic screening exam on an interval recommended by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG).
- Testing at treatment for Blood Borne Pathogen exposures. Students will immediately go to the Main Rockwood Clinic Urgent Care, or after clinic hours, to the Deaconess Emergency Department.
- Lab tests for the following as requested by the primary care physician:
- Gonorrhea screen (limit 1 test per term)
- Chlamydia screen (limit 1 test per term)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Urine Dip and Micro
- Strep Screen
- Mono Spot
- HPV (included with pap/cytology per ACOG guidelines)
- TB skin test annually
- Flu shots
- Immunizations: MMR, Polio, TDAP
- There is no prescription coverage under this plan.
There will be no copay for the services named in this section. Non-covered services are the responsibility of the student. Services that are not covered may be billed to the patient’s private insurance. Self-pay patients may be offered discounts for cash payment. All students will be accorded the same access and privileges as any other patients, and shall be subject to the same clinic rules regarding conduct and financial obligations. Once a student is confirmed for the semester, they are covered under the program, even if they withdraw from classes.
Non-covered services include specialty care, imaging (basic x-ray services are included), special labs and services, some surgical and non-surgical procedures, major medical care, emergency room, or care outside of the usual and customary practice of family medicine or urgent care.
Please also visit Rockwood Clinic for a detailed list of services.