Student Success Center
Writing Support at WSU Spokane is a free service available to all registered WSU Spokane students, undergraduate or graduate, enrolled in any major. Our goal is to help you become a more effective, confident, and self-sufficient writer. Schedule an appointment or drop by to discuss any aspect of any writing project at any stage of the writing process.
Writing Support at WSU Spokane provides:
- Advice and strategies for planning, organizing, drafting, revising, and editing any writing project.
- Assistance with grad school and job applications, writing samples, cover letters, statements of purpose, and other professional documents.
- Opportunity to learn and grow as a writer through one-on-one sessions focused on any aspect of your writing.
- Distance consultations through the Google Docs collaboration platform.
For students on the Yakima campus, please make a note in the comments field that you are requesting a distance consultation.
Writing Support at WSU Spokane is also available to assist faculty with writing components in their courses through consultations on assignment and rubric design, in-class workshops, and other collaboration opportunities. A partial list of existing workshops is below:
Workshops and Seminars:
- Undergraduate Academic Writing Overview
- Introduction to Graduate Writing
- Crafting the Literature Review
- Working with Sources / Citation Review
- Argumentative Writing (NURS 427 Policy Letters)
- Professional Documents: Cover Letters, CVs, and Resumes
Please note that this list is always expanding and changing. To discuss developing a workshop to meet your course needs or to schedule a classroom visit, please contact Jack Downs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Additional Writing Support
Graduate & Professional Writing Center (at WSU Pullman)
- Email the GPWC at email@example.com to schedule a consultation.
- For more information, visit the GPWC Web site.
- This online tutorial program is available to all registered WSU students.
- Select “Western eTutoring Consortium,” and then “Washington State University System” from the drop-down menu.