Student Success Center
During Fall Semester, all writing support consultations will be conducted remotely. Remote consultations can be conducted asynchronously via email, or in real-time via Microsoft Teams.
Writing Support at WSU Health Sciences Spokane is available to all registered WSU Health Sciences Spokane and Yakima students, undergraduate or graduate, enrolled in any program. Our goal is to help you become a more effective, confident, and self-sufficient writer. Schedule an appointment or drop by to discuss any aspect of any writing project at any stage of the writing process.
Currently, in-person appointments are not available. Please use the link below to schedule a Microsoft Teams meeting.
Writing Support Services
Writing Support at WSU Spokane provides:
- Feedback and assistance with planning, organizing, drafting, revising, and editing any writing project.
- Support and strategies for managing large research and writing projects like theses, dissertations, and program capstone projects.
- Assistance and advice on grad school applications, including feedback on writing samples, statements of purpose, letters of intent, and other application documents.
- Opportunity to learn and grow as a writer through one-on-one sessions focused on any aspect of your writing.
Writing Support at WSU Spokane is also available to assist faculty with writing components in their courses through consultations on assignment and rubric design, in-class workshops, and other collaboration opportunities. A partial list of existing workshops is below:
Workshops and Seminars:
- Undergraduate Academic Writing Overview
- Introduction to Graduate Writing
- Crafting the Literature Review
- Working with Sources / Citation Review
- Argumentative Writing (NURS 427 Policy Letters)
- Professional Documents: Cover Letters, CVs, and Resumes
Please note that this list is always expanding and changing. To discuss developing a workshop to meet your course needs or to schedule a classroom visit, please contact Jack Downs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Additional Writing Support
Graduate & Professional Writing Center (at WSU Pullman)
- Email the GPWC at email@example.com to schedule a consultation.
- For more information, visit the GPWC Web site.