Childcare Subsidy Program
Subsidies will be disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis for an estimated 20 families being served. Special considerations may be taken into account when deciding the child care subsidies awarded.
The estimated subsidy that will be given is $300 per family each Fall and Spring.
- Complete the Childcare Subsidy Application and Childcare Daycare Provider Form EACH FALL and SPRING the subsidy is desired, and submit it to Student Success Center in the Academic Center Room 145.
- APPLICATIONS ARE DUE October 31st (FALL) and February 14th (Spring). LATE OR INCOMPLETE applications WILL NOT be considered.
Childcare Subsidy Requirements
- Student must be the parent and/or legal guardian of the child(ren).
- Child(ren) must live the parent requesting the childcare subsidy.
- The student must be enrolled in a minimum of 7 credits at WSU Health Sciences Campus (Spokane or Yakima). If the student’s enrollment drops below 7 credits, the student loses eligibility.
- Student must be using a WA State licensed childcare.
- Once accepted into the program, the student will be required to submit receipts that total or exceed the subsidy awarded to the Student Success Center by November 30th (Fall) and April 13th (Spring). Checks will be sent in December and May.
Finding Childcare Guide and Checklist
Get help from the Washington Department of Children, Youth and Families to find childcare in Spokane.
IRS Tax Credits
Learn about the IRS childcare and dependent care tax credit.