Student Health Services
- This fee is not intended as a substitute for a health/medical insurance policy and does not cover care for dependents.
- Regardless of whether a student has government or private health care insurance, the university requires payment of the fee. Health and Wellness Services receives no funding from the university or the state to provide health care for students.
Fee Coverage Dates:
- Fall semester coverage begins the Monday two weeks prior to the first day of classes and continues through December 31.
- Spring semester coverage begins on January 1 and continues through the week following commencement.
- Summer coverage begins the Monday after commencement and continues one week after the last day of the final summer session.
Students in the following categories may elect to pay the health fee for access to health care services for that semester:
- Students enrolled in less than 7 credits (fall/spring semester) or less than 3 credits in the summer
- Students enrolled through Extended University Services in internship programs
- Students enrolled through regional campuses
- Students enrolled in spring semester and returning in the fall may have access during the summer by paying the summer health fee
- New students registered for fall semester who are attending new student orientation programs (e.g. Alive! orientation) have access to HWS while on campus by paying the summer