Counseling Services exists as a campus resource to assist with psychological issues and interpersonal or group dynamics in students.
The Counseling staff will also help Staff and Faculty get connected to the EAP and other resources as needed when in a crisis. However, they do not provide counseling to Staff and Faculty.
Consultation regarding students
A service to identify strategies that may help students who have developed personal or academic problems affecting their overall performance.
- Responding to Students in Distress (booklet)
- Responding to Students in Distress for Yakima Students (booklet)
- Student Care Referral Form
Workshops and class presentations
- Counseling Services offers expertise in a variety of areas, including professional communication, organizational behavior and assertiveness.
- Material in these areas can be presented to students in stand-alone workshops, classroom guest presentations, lectures or co-instruction using mini-modules within a particular course.
- To discuss possible collaborative projects, contact Jessica Mason. You may also make special arrangements for consultation with departments.
If you need to consult with a counselor or have an emergent need to talk with a counselor please call the Assistant Director of Counseling Services, 509-358-7533, (confidential voice mail). If there is no answer and you need immediate assistance, call 509-358-7740.
Note: Please do not use e-mail (it is not confidential) to communicate concerns about students or anyone else. Please use voice mail or walk over to the office and talk with a counselor in person.