Transportation | Parking
- Payment for parking required in all lots every day, 24 hours a day
- Campus parking permits are sold using a two-color zone system: Orange and Green. Orange permits are valid in either Orange or Green parking lots, and Green permits are only valid in Green parking lots. Orange and Green permits are not valid in Reserve parking lots: STHC, IGNITE, HSB, ROP, VETMED, Blue Shop
- Please read all signs in the parking area
- Permits do not guarantee a space to park
- Daily permits are available at the Parking office, 412 E. Spokane Falls Blvd.; CCRS 314
- Ride the Bus: Spokane Transit Authority (STA) has bus stops located on and near Spokane Falls Boulevard. Bus routes serving campus are #26, #28 and #29.
TERM PERMITS | 2021 – 22
Please provide your vehicle License Plate Number, state in which licensed, vehicle’s make and model, color and year.
- Orange annual permits are $684
- Green annual permits are $499
- See Permits web page for semester, quarter, daily prices
- All prices included Washington State sales tax
- No paper permits – a vehicle license plate number is your permit
- In 2019, the WSU Board of Regents approved a three-year parking rate increase.
HOURLY AND DAILY PERMITS
- Use your smartphone with the HONK app and follow these instructions.
- See Permits web page for hourly and daily rates.
- You will see these signs at your respective parking lots. You may also use these PDFs to pay for parking prior to arriving on campus:
ANNUAL, SEMESTER, QUARTER PERMITS
- Buy online or at the Parking Office
- Note: The following permits are not available for purchase online: STHC, Custodial, Golden Cougar, Disability, Non-WSU & EWU department permits, VA and Work Source.
EVENT PARKING CODE GUIDE
- Find instructions on parking for events here.
The Pay-By-Plate permit system
- Your license plate number will be your permit – no need for paper or hanging permits.
- You may purchase most permits online, or get hourly and daily permits using the HONK app.
- You may have multiple vehicles under one permit but only one of those vehicles may be on campus at one time
- EWU Spokane employees can use their EWU ID to purchase online
Park-Up Rule for Green permit holders
On weekends and after 9 p.m. weekdays Green permit holders may park in Orange lots. Must be out by 5 a.m. weekdays.
Student Weekend Permits available
- $3 per day; $5 for both Saturday and Sunday
- Must purchase in Parking Office Monday – Friday
- Weekend Permit good for any Orange or Green lot
Parking lot services
- Security patrol, escort, assistance; lockout or dead battery service
- Snow removal, parking lot and landscape maintenance
All individuals who park on campus bear responsibility to read and understand campus parking regulations. Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as grounds for dismissal of parking tickets.