Information Technology Services
We are WSU Spokane Information Technology Services, one team encompassing many fields of expertise – all focused on the single goal of creating a superior information technology environment for WSU Spokane’s unique multi-institutional campus.
While we make our home within the WSU Spokane community, we do not see ourselves as a static department. Instead, we consider ourselves to be a dynamic business partner actively pursuing new opportunities to provide our customers with the highest level of service to help them succeed.
We are defined by this commitment and continuously design, implement, and offer services and solutions in support of WSU Spokane’s greater vision of creating and maintaining a premier research and health sciences campus.
Provide state of the art infrastructure to facilitate excellence in teaching, research, and operation.
- Provide scalable, secure, and redundant network infrastructure.
- Provide access to technology at anytime from anywhere.
- Establish robust technology infrastructure and support for research initiatives.
- Deliver consistent and accessible technologies to promote collaboration and communication within and outside the campus community.
Promote a world-class teaching and learning environment.
- Provide technology tools that enable instructional innovations to promote student content mastery, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- Support the creation of flexible classrooms and learning spaces.
- Develop a campus e-learning strategy.
- Empower faculty through support of various teaching and learning styles and strategies.
- Facilitate and support student use of technology.
Create a first-rate customer-centric support culture.
- Institute service policies that improve customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Establish a culture of operational excellence.
- Ensure availability of appropriate staffing, funding, and technology resources.
- Provide the campus community channels for IT service input and feedback.
Champion environmentally responsible use of technology.
- Create policies and processes that support energy saving strategies.
- Facilitate the use of collaborative technologies to reduce travel.
- Create a virtual infrastructure strategy to reduce space and power requirements, decrease cooling needs, and lower the total cost of ownership.
Grow and develop partnerships and alliances to advance campus initiatives.
- Value and broaden partnerships with EWU, UW, Innovate Washington, and other local and regional educational institutions.
- Cultivate public-private partnerships.