Do you have family and friends coming for Commencement?
- Doors will open at 12:30 P.M. All guests will be subject to INB Security Procedures. Please review these procedures prior to arriving at the venue.
- Please note: The ceremony will start promptly at 2:00 P.M. Guests not seated at that time will need to wait until after the graduate processional before being seated.
- Parking is free on campus all day on May 5. Walking down the Centennial Trail or Spokane Falls Blvd. to the INB Performing Arts Center should take 10-15 minutes.
- If you wish to drive to the ceremony, you can park in the parking garage between the Double Tree and the Convention Center. The cost is $6.00.
- There will be a loading/unloading in front of the INB Performing Arts Center lobby doors.
- A free shuttle will available at noon to take graduates and guests to the INB Performing Arts Center. The shuttle will depart campus approximately every 20 mins, with the last shuttle leaving at 2:00P.M. Immediately following the ceremony, guests can board the shuttle at the INB Performing Arts center for a ride back to campus. Shuttle pick up locations and parking information is now available. Click on the hyperlink to download a map. (Shuttle and parking map)
- The ceremony will be sign-interpreted.
- No balloons are allowed inside the INB Performing Arts Center.
- Strollers and infant carriers are not allowed inside the theater. Children must be in a seat or on the lap of an adult.
- Disabled seating and Assisted Listening Devices will be available through the INB Accessibility Services.
- If you or your guests need other accommodations, please contact Kim Mickey at email@example.com.
Ceremony instructions for students
The celebrations begin Friday morning, May 5, 2017, with a commencement breakfast and awards ceremony sponsored by ASWSU Spokane for graduates and their families.
- Commencement is Friday, May 5, at 2:00 P.M., at the INB Performing Arts Center (Spokane Falls Blvd.). Graduates should arrive to the student line up room at 1:00 P.M.
- WSU Spokane volunteers will help you check in. You should leave personal items with your family or friends as the lineup room may not be secure during the ceremony.
- When you arrive in the lineup area, you will pick up a card that has your name and degree. During the commencement ceremony, you will give this card to the faculty presenter as you come on stage to receive your diploma. You will need to hold onto this card. If you think that the presenter may have difficulty pronouncing your name, please write it phonetically on the card.
- Next, you will be directed to gather with other graduates in your degree program (signs will be posted). Staff will give you further instructions on how the ceremony will proceed at that time.
- Faculty and students will proceed from the lineup room to the ceremony. Faculty will be seated on stage. Students will be seated in the front rows of the auditorium in degree order, so it is important to stay with others in your program and sit in the row you have been assigned. The ceremony will be outlined in the program you will receive.
- The Chancellor presents each category of degree candidate to the University President, who confers the degrees (doctoral students first, then masters, then baccalaureate). After degrees are conferred, you will be invited to approach the stage by degree – Doctoral students first, etc. to receive your diploma.
- Students in each degree program will go to the stage and a presenter will be at the podium at the top of the stairs. Hand your name card to that person and proceed across the stage, The president will hand you your diploma cover and shake your hand, and graduate students will be hooded by faculty on the stage. Proceed down the stairs and back to your seats.
When can students begin to order regalia?
When is the deadline to order regalia?
Regalia should be ordered by Friday, April 21, 2017 to guarantee proper sizes.
What is the rental cost?
See Regalia Order Form for pricing.
Is shipping available for regalia?
Yes, an additional fee of $8.95 is added for UPS shipping. To ensure timely delivery, regalia must be ordered by Friday, April 21, 2017.
When is regalia due back?
Regalia are due back to the WSU Spokane Bookie the day of graduation, no later than 5:30 P.M. Students wishing to participate in the WSU Pullman ceremony on May 6, 2017 should notify the Bookie to make arrangements for return.
Please direct all questions regarding regalia to the WSU Spokane Bookie.
Location: 410 E. Spokane Falls Blvd.
Hours: Mon-Fri: 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Announcements and Class Rings
- A professional photographer will take pictures of graduates as they receive their diploma cover. A second shot will be taken as graduate students are hooded or as undergraduates leave the stage.
- Only the official photographers will be allowed near the stage area. Personal pictures of graduates in caps and gowns should be take before and after the ceremony.
- Photo Order Forms are available now and prior to the ceremony from the photographer. The photographer will have a display table in the INB Performing Arts Center lobby with various order options.
Enjoy the day and your accomplishments!