Emotional wellness refers to your ability to handle emotions in a constructive way to maintain a positive emotional state. It inspires self-care, relaxation, stress reduction, and the development of inner strength.
It is important to be aware of both positive and negative feelings and be able to understand how to handle these emotions. Stress can be a major factor in your emotional wellness, and each person deals with it differently. Emotional wellness begins with your ability to listen to yourself and accept your feelings in a positive way, thereby enabling yourself to form supportive and interdependent relationships with others.
“Enjoy the present moment without judgment to reduce your stress, improve sleep, concentration and mood.” – Dr. Skaer
Emotional Wellness Signs
- Able to talk with someone about your emotional concerns and share your feeling with others
- Able to say “no” when you need to without feeling guilty
- Feel content most of the time
- Have people in your life that care about you – a strong support network
- Able to relax when needed
- Feel good about who you are
Take the Emotional Wellness Quiz
- Am I able to maintain a balance with work, family, friends, and other obligations?
- Do I have ways to reduce stress in my life?
- Am I able to make decisions with a minimum of stress and worry?
- Am I able to set priorities?
- Do I feel calm and relaxed most of the time?
- Am I happy with my work/life as it is?