INTELLECTUAL WELLNESS is engaging the individual in creative and stimulating mental activities to expand their knowledge and skills to help them grow their potential.
Are you engaged in the process of intellectual wellness?
- Are you open to new ideas?
- Do you seek personal growth by learning new skills?
- Do you search for learning opportunities and stimulating mental activities?
- Do you look for ways to use creativity?
Why Intellectual Wellness is important
- Intellectual wellness encourages learning. It’s important to explore new ideas in order to become better rounded. It should also stimulate curiosity. Curiosity is important because it motivates you to try new things and develop a better understanding of how you see the relationship between yourself and others.
Michael Ebinger, the director of WSU Spokane’s University Center for Innovation, recently talked about intellectual wellness at a TEDx Spokane event: