Frequently Asked Questions
1. I would like to begin using the Microscopy Service Center facilities. How do I start?
New users may contact Spokane lab services to discuss your imaging project and microscope training.
2. What training is required to use the microscopy facilities?
Microscope training is comprised of two 2-hour practical lessons and is designed to allow users to gain practice and confidence in use of the microscopes at the WSU Health Sciences Spokane Microscopy Service Center. Users may request training on the microscope of their choice.
3. I have completed my training. How do I sign up for time at the microscope?
Users may use the LabCalendar to schedule time to use the Microscopy Service Center. You will log in using the username and password given to you during training, and then use the drag and drop menus to sign up for time on either the Zeiss fluorescence or Olympus confocal microscope.
4. I would like to begin to use microscopy for my research project but am new to microscopy. What resources are available to me to help me plan my imaging experiment(s)?
As a starting point, the tutorial, protocol, resource links found on the WSU Health Sciences Spokane Microscopy Service Center website may help provide useful background information on microscopy. WSU Health Sciences Spokane Microscopy Service Center staff are also happy to provide technical assistance. Please contact Spokane lab services for further details.
5. I would like to obtain imaging data but do not want to become a regular Microscopy Service Center user. Can I still use the Microscopy Service Center facilities?
Investigators who would like to use the microscope facilities but do not want to become regular service center users may request assisted imaging time on the microscope of their choice. Please contact Spokane lab services to make arrangements.