Spokane Academic Library
Allow plenty of time when you request documents or books from remote locations. Materials from Cheney and Pullman usually arrive within two to four working days.
Please allow more time during peak usage periods, such as the end of the school session. Interlibrary loans usually take two to four weeks to arrive.
Please no phone-in requests. Submit one request form per item.
Incorrect or incomplete cites or request forms may be returned unfilled.
- Click here to search for items and make online requests.
- Begin the process of having a Library book sent to campus (which generally takes two days) by selecting the “request item” button at the top of the screen.
- If the book does not appear within the WSU system, it may be available from a Summit Library. If so, select “request this item.” The book should arrive on campus within 4-5 days.
- WSU Users and EWU users can request both journal articles not available on campus and books not found within either library nor Summit.
- Include only one item per request form, regardless of the submission method.
- Patrons are responsible for photocopying items available at the Spokane Academic Library.
- The Spokane Academic Library does not accept phone requests.
Information to include
Include the following information on request forms (item information usually transferred automatically from electronic indexes)
- Personal information (e.g., your complete name, phone number, and whether you are an EWU or WSU patron).
- WSU or EWU identification number
- Author (if available)
- Type of material requested (e.g., journal, book, microfiche).
- Date of publication, pages, volume, issue, etc.
- Date when you will no longer need the item.
- Item’s call number. Journals also have call numbers.
- Item location (e.g., Holland, JFK).
- Name of the catalog or index where you found the item (e.g., Library catalog, Medline, PsycInfo). “First Search” is not an index name. If you found the citation in PubMed or Medline, include the PMID number.