Recycling processes for cell phones, ink and toner cartridges
- WSU will no longer provide recycle services for cell phones.
- EWU departments will still use the current ink/toner cartridge recycling collection box located on the first floor of HSB near the USPS mailbox.
- WSU departments will place their ink/toner cartridges in their existing campus outgoing mail locations for pick up by WSU Mailing Services
- Cartridges must be packaged in original or replacement packaging material
- Please affix any prepaid shipping label included in original ink/toner packaging
- Please recycle cartridges as needed instead of storing
- Cartridges will be recycled by WSU Mail Services through original vendor or Office Depot
Toner cartridge recycling process:
- All toner cartridges must be placed in original or replacement packaging for recycling to save cost and prevent leakage.
- Please save original or replacement box, enclosed prepaid return shipping label, and packaging contents for future recycling use.
- Place used toner cartridge in original or replacement cartridge packaging.
- Apply manufacture-provided prepaid shipping label to the outside of original or replacement box, for shipment to original vendor recycling program.
- If no prepaid label is available – write RECYCLE on the outside of box.
- Close box with provided tabs and/or seal with shipping tape.
- EWU departments place cartridges in the toner/ink recycle collection box located on the first floor of HSB near the USPS mailbox.
- WSU departments place recycling box in your department’s outgoing mailbox for pick up by WSU Mail Services.
Ink cartridge recycling process:
- Place ink cartridge in original packaging if available, otherwise place in a sealable plastic bag to save cost and prevent leakage.
- EWU departments place in ink/toner recycle collection box located on the first floor of HSB near the USPS mailbox.
- WSU departments place recycling box in in their existing campus outgoing mailbox location for pick up by WSU Mail Services.
Cell phone recycling process:
- The WSU cell phone recycling program is discontinued.
- Please recycle a cell phone through your cellular provider or another source.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.