Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Keys and Access – WSU Spokane Campus

Obtaining Keys

In order to obtain a campus key for an office, room, building, desk, or cabinet, a Key Authorization Card and online work order request is required.


1. Complete Key Authorization card

  • Completed and signed by the designated authorizing-individual within your department (usually the department head or their designee), and by the person receiving the key(s). By signing this card, individuals are taking full responsibility for the key(s) and the policies written on the card.
  • Send card via intercampus mail or hand-delivered to the Campus Security office in Health Education & Research (HERB), Room 201.

2. Complete a Facilities Operations Department online work order request

  • Note: A Blue Card is not a substitute for a completed online work order request.

3. Keys are available for pick up; usually within 2 or 3 business days. The requesting individual and/or department is notified within 3 days of request.

4. Key pick up days are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 2pm.

  • Either the key-authorizer or the key recipient can pick up the key(s) at the Security office in HERB, Room 201.
  • Please bring your college ID or another government-issued photo ID when picking up keys.

NOTE: For desk and file cabinet keys, the lock number is required and can be found imprinted on the face of the lock in very small print.


Lost keys are to be reported immediately to the Facilities Operations Department at 509-358-7909 or Campus Security at 509-358-7995. In order to replace lost keys, an invoice is generated and upon payment of the invoice, replacement keys will be issued.


Keys must be returned to the Campus Security office or to an individual’s support person for returning to the Campus Security office. Upon receiving the returned keys, the key records and database are updated to show they were received.

NOTE: Do not hand or transfer any keys on to the next person as they are the responsibility of the individual to whom they were issued – this includes furniture and cabinet keys.

Problems with your WSU or EWU ID Card

For a damaged ID card

  • Go to your respective University’s Student Affairs or Student Services office to get a replacement

If your ID card is not working on specific door(s)

For a lost ID card

  • Notify Security at 509-358-7995 or
  • Go to your respective University’s Student Affairs or Student Services office to get a replacement