Did you know that just one cup of mangoes provide 100% of your daily intake of Vitamin C? It also has 12% of your daily fiber intake, and contains over 20 different vitamins and minerals. Combine that with it’s fresh taste and you’ll want a mango every day! Luckily, even though mangoes are only grown in tropical climates, they are generally offered in American stores year round. Try out a unique mango recipe today with this crunchy Thai salad for a flavorful new twist to your traditional salad.
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1.5 Cups Napa Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1.5 Cups Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Kale, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Carrot, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Mango, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 8 Mint Leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter, creamy
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice
- 3 Tbs Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1.5 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1.5 Tbs Soy Sauce, low sodium
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Sriracha or Gochujang
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tbs Water
- Thinly slice your cabbage, kale, carrot (if did not already buy pre-shredded), red bell pepper, mango, mint and green onions. Add to a large bowl.
- Roughly chop your cilantro and roasted peanuts. Add to the same bowl and set aside.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Drizzle the salad with the desired amount of peanut dressing and toss until combined. Serve immediately!
Nutritional Information (1.5 Cups of Salad per Serving): Calories 179 / Carbohydrates 24 g / Fat 8 g / Protein 6 g / Dietary Fiber 3 g / Sugars 14 g