Executive Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
This committee will actively transform the WSU Health Sciences Spokane campus environment by challenging individuals and systems to create and sustain a community that is diverse, inclusive and equitable. This will be accomplished through data analysis, assessment strategies, implementation of recommendations based on analysis and assessments, and advising the WSU Health Sciences vice president and chancellor.
The committee honors the work being done in the colleges and campus units, and creates space for collaboration, alignment and sharing of knowledge and expertise. These efforts help create an environment that accounts for all faculty, staff, students and visitors.
Committee membership will include representatives from the colleges and campus leadership to include Chancellor, Vice Chancellors of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs, Chief of Staff, two representatives from each college including Education. One representative each from the Native American Health Sciences program, Student Affairs, Research, Facilities Operations, Human Resources, and ASWSUHS. It will also include chairs of the current workgroups and representation from the Yakima campus.
Staff and Faculty Members
- Celestina Barbosa-Leiker, Vice Chancellor for Research, Associate Professor, College of Nursing
- Naomi Bender, Director, Native American Health Sciences
- Naomi Chaytor, Associate Professor, Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
- Daryll DeWald, Vice President, Health Sciences and Chancellor, WSU Spokane
- Deborah Eti, Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
- Cheyenne Frazier, Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Kasee Hildenbrand, Associate Professor, Director, Athletic Training Program, College of Education
- Margaret Holt, Campus Chief of Staff
- Stan Lewis, Facilities Assistant Director
- Veronica Puente, Director of Student Equity, Leadership and Community, Student Affairs
- David Garcia, Assistant Dean for Health Equity and Inclusion, Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
- Yong-Chae Rhee, Associate Professor, College of Education
- Nicole Rodin, Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Victoria Sattler, Teaching Assistant Professor, Professional Development, College of Nursing
- Marian Wilson, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
- Ciera Sitton
- Samuel Nahulu