WSU Student Scholarships
WSU Tuition Waiver Scholarship
The Washington State University PLTW Tuition Waiver Scholarship supports PLTW students pursuing majors in STEM fields with a preference given to the biomedical sciences.
Applicants must be high school senior PLTW students either enrolled in, or having completed, Biomedical Innovation (BI) and Medical Intervention (MI), and at least one other PLTW Biomedical Science course.
Students must enroll full-time (at least 12 credits per semester) at Washington State University starting fall semester 2022 to be eligible. Selected students will receive a $1,000 tuition waiver scholarship ($500 fall and spring semesters) renewable for up to four years. Ten scholarships will be available for students enrolling at WSU for the 2022 fall semester.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- must be high school senior PLTW student either enrolled in, or having completed, Biomedical Innovation (BI) and Medical Intervention (MI), and at least one other PLTW Biomedical Science course;
- must be enrolled at WSU beginning the fall term of 2022 for at least 12 credit hours and complete 24 graded semester credits by the end of each spring semester to remain eligible;
- must be pursuing a major in STEM fields with preference given to those pursuing majors in the biomedical sciences; and
- must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) through the latest completed grading period of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
Criteria for Selection
Scholarships will be awarded by the WSU Health Sciences Spokane PLTW Selection Committee. Applicants will be judged on:
- Academic merit
- Evidence of leadership
- Evidence of commitment to biomedical science college and career pathways
Application and Deadline for 2022-2023 Academic Year
Please return the completed 2022 WSU PLTW scholarship form with an official high school transcript (through your last completed semester or quarter) postmarked or emailed no later than 5 p.m. PST on Wednesday, June 15, 2022. Email a PDF copy to email@example.com, or send via USPS to:
Gregg Godsey / PLTW Scholarship Committee, College of Education, WSU Health Sciences Spokane
412 E Spokane Falls Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99202
Applicants will be notified by email of scholarship selection status by July 1, 2022.