WSU Student Scholarships
WSU Tuition Waiver Scholarship
The Washington State University PLTW Tuition Waiver Scholarship supports PLTW students pursuing majors in the biomedical sciences.
Applicants must be high school senior PLTW students either enrolled in, or having completed, Biomedical Innovation (BI) and Medical Intervention (MI), and at least one other PLTW Biomedical Science course.
Students must enroll full-time (at least 12 credits per semester) at Washington State University starting Fall semester 2019 to be eligible. Selected students will receive a $1,000 tuition waiver scholarship ($500 fall and spring semesters) renewable for up to four years. Ten scholarships will be available for students enrolling at WSU for the 2019 fall semester.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- must be high school senior PLTW student either enrolled in, or having completed, Biomedical Innovation (BI) and Medical Intervention (MI), and at least one other PLTW Biomedical Science course;
- must be enrolled at WSU beginning the fall term of 2019 for at least 12 credit hours and complete 24 graded semester credits by the end of each spring semester to remain eligible;
- must be pursuing a major in STEM fields with preference given to those pursuing majors in the biomedical sciences; and
- must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) through the latest completed grading period of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Scholarships will be awarded by the WSU Spokane PLTW Selection Committee. Applicants will be judged on:
- Academic merit
- Evidence of leadership
- Evidence of commitment to biomedical science college and career pathways
- Financial need
Application and DEADLINE for 2019-2020 Academic Year
Please return the completed PLTW 2019 WSU Scholarship Form with an official high school transcript (through your last completed semester or quarter) postmarked or emailed no later than 5:00 p.m. PST on Friday, May 31, 2019. email a pdf copy to email@example.com, or send USPS to: Gregg Godsey / PLTW Scholarship Committee, WSU Spokane, 412 E Spokane Falls Blvd. Spokane, WA 99202. Applicants will be notified by email of scholarship selection status by June 7, 2019.
WSU College of Pharmacy “Save A Seat” Program
- Secure a seat in the professional PharmD program as a WSU freshman
- Focus on learning, not competing for a seat in pharmacy school
- Know your admission status before your peers do
Who should apply?
- Students who have a strong interest and working knowledge of a Pharmacy career
- WSU Pullman, Tri-Cities and Vancouver freshman
- Students with strong academic history in Math and Science
- Complete a Save the Seat application (application opens early-September)
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation from teachers, advisors and/or counselors
- Enroll at WSU Pullman, Tri-Cities or Vancouver fall semester
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.5
- Completion of less than 30 college level credits (AP Credits do not count towards this total)
- Successful completion of interview (mid-November)
- Preference given to STEM or PLTW students
- Complete pre-pharmacy courses at WSU Pullman, Tri-Cities or Vancouver in 3 years
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the end of each pre-pharmacy year
- Earn a “C” or higher in all pre-pharmacy courses
- Complete all of the matriculation requirements of the pre-pharmacy program
- Complete the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test)
- Pre-pharmacy club member (recommended)