Cauliflower rice is a great base to a lot of dinner variations, and helps keep down the carbs while adding an extra serving of veggies on your plate. It also goes great with next week’s recipe: Spicy Coco Sauce
Makes: 4 – 6 Servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into 1-inch florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cut the cauliflower in half, then cut into cauliflower florets while trimming off as much stem as possible.
- In batches, break up the florets into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles rice.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once fairly warm, add the onions, dispersing the oil evenly across the onions. Continue cooking, while stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown at the edges and have softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, and stir to combine. Add 1 teaspoon salt, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower has softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Spoon the cauliflower into a large serving bowl, garnish with the parsley and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information: Calories 101 / Protein 1 g / Carbohydrate 7 g / Dietary Fiber 1 g / Total Sugars 3 g / Added Sugars 0 g / Total Fat 8 g
Credit: Food Network