When I first heard of roasted grapes, I thought that putting grapes in the oven as a very weird concept. However when I first tried them, I was pleasantly surprised! Roasting grapes brings out their naturally sweet flavor and pairs wonderfully as a side to pork or turkey, or as a topping to salads and sandwiches (trust me, it’s good that way too). As a bonus, I am also sharing a homemade “candied” pecans recipe I tried out this weekend that went nicely with the grapes.

Makes: 4 Servings (I would double the recipe if you want leftovers)

Ingredients:

• 1.5 – 2 lbs Grapes, I use red
  • 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme and/or Rosemary
  • 1 Tbsp Local Honey
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit while you wash and dry your grapes. Try to get as much water off your grapes to avoid having a lot of liquid in your finished product.
  2. Toss the grapes in a baking dish (I would recommend a dish that is 1 inch deep) with olive oil, salt/pepper, and thyme/rosemary.
  3. Bake in oven for 30 – 40 minutes, or until juicy and wrinkled
  4. Finish off with a drizzle of honey and you are set!

Nutritional Info: Calories 123 / Protein 1 g / Carbohydrates 29 g / Dietary Fiber 1 g / Total Sugars 25 g / Added Sugars 4 g / Total Fat 2 g / Monounsaturated Fat 1 g

Credit: The Fresh Plate

— Bonus Recipe! —

“Candied” Pecans

Makes: 6 Servings

Ingredients:

• 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
  • 3 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 Cups Raw Pecan Halves

Instructions:

1. In a sauce pan or skillet over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil. Be sure you do not let it get too hot! It will spit at you.
  2. Once melted, stir in the maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
  3. Once mixture starts to bubble, add in your pecans, be sure you evenly coat all of them. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes so they do not burn.
  4. Take pan off heat and transfer onto a plate or parchment paper to cool.

Nutritional Info: Calories 317 / Protein 3 g / Carbohydrates 12 g / Dietary Fiber 3 g / Total Sugars 8 g / Added Sugars 6 g / Total Fat 31 g / Saturated Fat 6 g / Monounsaturated Fat 15 g / Polyunsaturated Fat 8 g

Here was my finished result! I ended up using the candied pecans and roasted grapes as toppers to a salad:

Dinner Plate