Before this recipe I had not even heard of green garbanzo beans before. For everyone that is in my same wandering boat, turns out these little guys are even more awesome than their blonde counterpart! Green garbanzo beans are the same as the traditional garbanzo beans we are used to but just picked at an earlier stage in the plant’s life, allowing for more nutrition and flavor to be harvested from this legume. With even more fiber and protein than traditional canned blonde garbanzo beans, they really make this recipe as healthy as it can be. Try this vegan “mock chicken salad” option as a nice sandwich filler or over some bean sprouts/greens for a nutrient packed salad.
Makes: 3 (4 oz) Servings
- Green garbanzo beans- smashed to chunky consistency 1 1/2 cups
- Garbanzo beans- smashed to a paste 1/4 cup
- Celery- finely diced 1/4 cup
- Dill-fresh chopped 1 Tbl
- Chives or green onion- finely chopped 2 Tbl
- Salt 1 tsp
- Pepper- 1 tsp
- Roasted garlic- 1 tsp
- Squish both type of garbanzo beans with a fork (or even your hands!) and set aside in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Wash and finely dice your celery. Finely chop fresh dill and chives. Add these and rest of ingredients to the mixing bowl to combine and you already have your salad made.
Nutritional Information: Calories 107 / Carbohydrates 17 g / Fiber 5 g / Protein 2 g / Sodium 118 mg / Sugar <1 g / Fat 2 g
Credit: The Fresh Plate