Biomedical Engineering and Design CORE
Our goal is to promote and foster science on the WSU Health Sciences Spokane campus. This is achieved by:
- Increased access to customized research hardware (ex.: circadian/sleep chambers, 3D printed parts, customized microscopy stages, surgical stereotaxic parts and specialized molecular biology equipment).
- Increased access to Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings for rapid prototyping
- Rapid response and adaptation to new scientific needs and technologies
- Intellectual property generating opportunities
- Allow researchers and startup businesses to leverage their resources by saving on cost and allowing them to innovate more efficiently
- Cutting, Milling, Turning and Grinding a wide variety of materials (aluminum, stainless, carbon steel, brass) including exotics such titanium and high-temperature alloys.
- Sheet metal bending and fabrication
- MIG and Arc welding of steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Brazing and soldering of stainless steel, aluminum, and tungsten.
- Three-axis CNC milling (20″ X 40″ capacity)
- Plastics fabrication (Cutting, Milling, Turning)
- Ultrasonic cleaning
- Provide inexpensive parts production in a variety of engineering resins (durable, flexible, rigid, tough and high temperature) that can make fully functional parts or that can be used for prototyping during research development and design.
- The printer has the ability to print 3-D models as large as 6″x 6″ x 8″. Bring your STL or CAD files for us to process, or we can design and develop your idea on site.
Examples of Equipment Designed and Fabricated
- Microscopy and precision optics mounting components (2-photon and surgical stereoscope)
- Surgical tools and stereotaxic devices
- Electrophoresis apparatus
- Workbenches, instrument covers and special lab furniture
- Electronics panels and controls
- Animal enclosures/mazes/novel objects
- Sleep and circadian chambers for animals
- Engraved plaques and signs
Examples of Equipment Repaired
- Vivarium cage washing equipment sensors
- High vacuum pump repair
- Histology automatic tissue slide stainer repair
|Technical Support||WSU||Outside WSU|
|Consumables||At Cost||At Cost + 10%|